It's Friday night and i'm doing what?

lalynya
So I'm 27 years old...have a car apartment, boyfreind, job...just got paid..I could pretty much go out and do whatever I want..so what is it i'm doing...oh nothing just sitting at home adding eco-complete to the tank cuz the LFS is haveing a sale on fish and just stocked up all their plants for tomorow...and finally getting my hospital tank set up....and my boyfreind he's not any better..hes sitting in front of me playing Halo 3 on the x box 360 we just got.....sooooo..anyone else got big fishy plans this weekend?

OzzyFan
I wonder what the relationship is between a person's tendency to have an intense social life, and keep fish...or any type of pet, for that matter. Or I could extend that to "any kind of hobby". I guess that's the reason I'm a psychology major.

Tonight I stayed home, did some intermittent reading of "The Mismeasure Of Man" for school (actually a good book), and watched my fish...I noticed a few of them were more aggressive than normal...but I also take into account the fact that usually when I'm around, I'm in front of the tank, feeding them or watching them close-up. I imagine they behave differently when The-Guy-That-Feeds-Us isn't nearby.

I may get some breeder grass or another plant this weekend, since I've realized how sparse my tank is, in comparison to the ones I saw at the local PetSmart the other day.

By the way, tell your boyfriend to try the Medal Of Honor games. They're based on something that actually happened .

lalynya
he like those too cuz he's history war buff.. I bet my tank will look great after this weekend and I'm just finally glad to have the hospital tank up ang running since some of the fish got the ich...again....well I have faith that after time the taNK WILL SETTLE AND THERE will be peace in the village...only one problem..I'm supposed to be studying for a microbiology test this weekend..not playing with fish

OzzyFan
Yeah, I've got a presentation due in a week and a half, an enormous project to do for another class, and about 20 readings overdue for my third course. I guess we both need to budget our time better!

Now when you say "hospital tank", do you mean a tank set up to treat sick fish? Or a tank at the hospital you may work at?

Dino
We have a couple coming down from Knoxville to buy fish.

angelfish220
I am a agoraphobic, I will stay home, again.

MissMTS
Today was my first day off that I have had in two weeks. What did I do? I went to this huge aquatics warehouse that I discovered in my city and bought a ton of plants, 3 keyhole cichlids, and a lobster. I spent the night planting 3 tanks worth of plants (I am slowly converting all of my tanks from plastic to live plants). I acclimated my keyholes and my lobster, and I set up my two 10 gallons with tank dividers that I am going to use to keep 4 bettas. That took pretty much all day and now I am sitting on the computer talking to you guys My husband has been working on his computer all day. I guess since we work so much, we don't have as much time as we would like to dedicate to our hobbies. When we actually get time off, we want to catch up on what we have been missing!

lalynya
Woo-hoo...I just got back from the sale at the LFS where I spent waayyyyy too much money and came back with something I really wasn't planning on getting..I got an all black betta...I was trying to wait to get one but I saw him and thought he was gorgeous..I actually got to the register saying no I'm going to wait over and over but when I got there I was like dang it ine add him..I feel kinda guilty though...I have a tank for him but its not ready yet so I guess I will have to put him in the breeder box till its done..I can't wait till I get all my plants and new fish in..I'm going to have to take new pictures after this weekend

Richard
Good move snagging the black Betta.. can't wait to see the pix.

MissMTS
lalynya...did you get any other fishies at the sale? Post pics of your tanks after you get your plants planted and everything set up!

lalynya
I have all my plants in and lord what a diffence it makes...I can't find my camera right now...(maybe an indication that I should clean...NAH!!!!) It looks so beautiful now..I can't wait to share the pics..It was a lot of money definitely well spent..Lets see I got a new German blue ram...Two small calico angels since I angel died and some white clouds..I know it sounds like a lot but...when I acidently destroyed the cycle in the tank most of the fish went with it so..I have afull tank again...and I already know no matter how tempting it may be...NO MORE BUYING FISH!!!! at least for now

MissMTS
It's always so hard once your tank is full and you know you can't buy anymore fish! lol! It's so tempting to add just one more! That is why I decided to focus more on plants now that my tanks are pretty much stocked. I can't wait to see pics of your new planted tank cause I am always looking for ideas and inspiration.

swords3711
I still love my life, although it seems like when it is said out loud. I'm kind of pathetic, you could say. I could do what ever I want, but don't have the guts to and that I live the quite life.

The key is to do what you love...that's what I'm doin, cuz I've got my fish, and whenever I get the chance I go to the store to look at the fish and usually walk out with something.

I'm 16 and I've got the potential, the brains, the strength and the ability just not the courage to live my life to the fullest extent that it could be.
If I had the bravery, I would be a totally different person, at times I wish I was, but for the most part I've got just what I want in life.

MissMTS
I believe that if you have a passion and something that you love, that is the most important thing in life. It doesn't matter what other people think of that passion or if others think that you aren't living your life to the fullest. In the end, all that matters is that you are happy. Live your life for yourself and be proud of who you are. Eventually you will develope the confidence to venture out more and expand your horizons, but for now, just focus on loving who you are, and life will be enjoyable and fufilling. I really respect those who live for themselves and not for other people, and that sounds like what you are doing

swords3711
Like one of my friends said,"life is too short to take short cuts"
That's really how everyone's life should be.
If you are given the opportunity to do something do it. If it doesn't pan out how you liked, oh well, at least you tried.

lalynya
well I'm more then 10 years older then you...sorry to say it doesn't get much better...but..I have my fish whih allways make me smile...and my cats who allways make me laugh...I managed to find a boyfreind who doesn't irratate me more then 50% of the time and who is adding love birds to our managerie..I can only imagine what kind of fun they will add to the equation..I haven't owned birds since middle school hopefully I will remeber how to take care of them

swords3711
NICE!!!!
Well, what I do now will affect what I do later, so I'm taking note of that each and every day.
I hope to work at Petsmart someday soon so I could put my knowledge to proper use.

lalynya
linkage to the planted tank and the new betta

COBettaCouple
LOL.. Yea, it just seems to get tougher, huh?

well I'm more then 10 years older then you...sorry to say it doesn't get much better...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BornThisWayBettas
Replies
Views
hollie1505
Replies
Views
Elodea
Replies
Views