it's cotton--help get off

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by zebra, Apr 8, 2006.

1. zebraValued MemberMember

It is cotton on the guppie. It is hanging on by a thread, but wont come off.
    But she is starting to get stressed because it is starting to loosen up and float around by her face, but won't come off.
    Any ideas on how to get it off. Dont want to freak her out anymore but she is starting to do that to her self, you can tell, she is trying to shake it off.
    So any ideas would be great. I have a lot of plants, maybe she will think about rubbing on them to get it off. What do you think. I will feel so bad if it was my fault if she ends up with some sort of stress parasite, or becomes exhausted and worse
    Thank You

2. OP
    OP
    z

zebraValued MemberMember

She has calmed down, but now she is just being very still and staying in one spot, and the cotton is just sort of floating there.

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

If its cotton and not fungus you could catch her in a net and pick it off gently with your fingers.
    Carol

4. OP
    OP
    z

zebraValued MemberMember

It seems to be cotton, it is flopping around alot more than it was earlier and if it was fungus wouldn't it be staying in one place?
    **But How can I get it off her.  Do I keep he in the net and try to pick it off (gently), or do I just wait it out and see if she gets it off by the morning, It has loosened up since this morning.
    **I am just afraid that if I start trying to pick it off that she will get more stressed than she already is.
    She Seemed to be doing fine until it started to flop around and move up and down and right in the middle of her face.
    Thats when she just became pretty still. She is up by the filter, behind a plant.
    Thanks<Sharon
    PS...She finally came back out, looks like she has calmed down she has started swimming with the rest of the group (2 other guppies)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice