Funny It’s Been A New Fry Kind Of Day :)

esqueff

Just wanted to say I had a good day with gaining new fry today haha!

My Dalmatian molly (which I bought super pregnant a few days ago) finally gave birth! I put her straight into a breeder box in my fry tank when I got her... I felt a little bad but she didn’t seem super stressed in there. 15 babies total as she’s still a pretty young fish.. it was probably her first batch..

I took her a few hours after giving birth to my parents house about 10 minutes away. I have a 55 gallon community tank there. She seemed right at home and happy to swim around after being in that breeder box haha.

Wellllll, right after that I’m just looking at my fish in there and BAM! I see a bunch of little fry hiding in the plants! (Probably from A few Platys I have in there) So I caught all the ones I could find (8 of them) and took them back to my place where I have the fry tank. Put them in there and they seem happy they don’t have to hide for their lives from the fish in the 55...

Now I’m looking at my fluval edge and one of my guppy’s is definitely showing signs that she is about to birth some more guppies! I will check in the morning and hopefully catch what I can before work!

Man, gotta love livebearers!!

Crispii

Have you try to breed Limias?

esqueff

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
e_watson09
Replies
Views
RedTailRookie