It's a great day!

Discussion in 'Molly' started by guppygrl, Dec 17, 2012.

1. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

I came home and found 4 fry from my sailfin Molly which I posted about her being ready any day. :)

I let her stay in the main tank and she goes into the plants to deliver the fry. Since my tank is a hex... I have to wait for any fry to reach the surface to rescue them. I think I've managed to save 6 so far!

It's so exciting!

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats! It's about time she gave birth.

3. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

congrats, always a fun journey.

4. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

No kidding Nut! I know now what to watch for with her. She likes to hold them a little longer or more likely... I'm not patient enough. Lol
    They look healthy and so cute. :)

My floating hornwort saved another 5 I just saved. My breeder net is getting full!

5. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Here are a couple photos of the new born fry.

Attached Files:

6. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats! Are they eating well?

7. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Half of them were last night. It was bedtime when I rescued some and was on my way to work this morning and most in the nursery were eating when I fed them. I have them in a breeder net within the main tank and there is one small swordtail fry (rescued from my filter) and some two week old guppy fry.

They are all pinkish color but doesn't take long for the orange to show thru. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice