Its a good thing

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Been reading things on this site a lot lately, (since getting my 55 gal), and have seen several things about bettas actually needing aquariums as well. WWell, I was in Petsmart today getting some equipment and decided I would call up my mom and tell her she needed to put her bettas, who were in two bowl halves about half a gallon big, into a filtered 1-2 gallon tank. They immediately seemed to perk up and seem full of life. Posting some pics, sorry for the lighting. Wanted to say how great this site is and how glad I am that I found it.

The two bettas are a blue female and a red male appropriately named red and blue. lol

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Congrats on the upgrade. Do you know if you get 1 or 2 gallons? I would suggest that as long as you are doing the upgrade anyway, you get them each a 3-5 gallon heated and filtered tank, or a 10 that you divide. Petsmart has a 30-day return policy.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore
Glad to hear about the upgrades
One thing to consider is what the temperatures in their tanks are?
I'm not sure if the ambient room temperature will be enough for them in you're area. For reference water typically sits about 2* below the ambient room temperature.
If you need to supplement the temperature remember that most heaters aren't calibrated for volumes of water less then 2 gallons.

Good Luck
Red and Blue look pretty happy in their new digs

leeishom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
digg'in the first picture.

a picture with depth and mystery always receives the attention.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love the new place.
And Lando Griffin.
And wht's up with the school photo pehind one of the tanks?

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yeah thats actually my graduation photo they are currently perched on either side of our TV in the living room on the entertainment center, so... yeah didnt think much about the pictures in the back lol;D

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Haha, no offense or anything, but your picture name and graduation photo fit perfect together.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom