It's a Boy

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Butterbean, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Butterbean

ButterbeanValued MemberMember

I am very attached to my little albino BN pleco but I must admit when I bought I was disappointed that he was to little to tell if he was a male or female. The girl at the lfs showed me a beautiful orange/pinkish full grown albino BN with his long beautiful curls and I fell in love with him but needless to say he was not for sale. So going by what she said we tried to pick out a baby male for me. He started turning from pinkish/white to pinkish/orange quickly and even got whiskers but it has just been this week that I can really tell for sure it's a male. He is a beautiful orange/pink and has quite a few whiskers now but the telling one is one right in the top middle of his nose that makes him look like a unicorn with a curl :;laughing I do believe Albino BN are the cutest fish ever :)

2. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

i took a chance on a bn pleco baby i mean this guy was tiny when i got him i didn't know if he would be male or female but i can just now slightly see the whiskers coming in can not wait till he has long whiskers :)

3. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

I ended up with a female BN but she's the fish I've had the longest, and she dealt with me not knowing what I was doing (her first home was a 10 gallon). She has great fins and is super active, where I hear some people's plecos hide. Before we knew she was a female, we named her "Professor Nubbins," which is ironic since she won't get any nubbins ;)

Pictures?? :)

4. OP
    OP
    Butterbean

ButterbeanValued MemberMember

I will see if I can get a picture tomorrow :) I would love to see pictures of all of your male & female BN .....

5. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

:)

This is a kind of old picture, but it's the best one I have. She's bigger now, and her fins are bigger :)

Attached Files:

6. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

I just love bn plecos!!! I would love to see pictures of your boy. I have Hoover and Kirby (my little vacuums) and they are both so young I'm not able to sex them quite yet. But, they are so adorable!

7. Bumblebat

BumblebatWell Known MemberMember

My bristlenose is getting very bushy. He has a cowlick on his tail fin. It curls up. He's had it since he was a baby. His name is H.R. Muffinstuff.

8. plecodragon

plecodragonWell Known MemberMember

Here are some pics of my monster male . A little blurry but you can see the major bristles. Can't remember how to post pics, so the link leads to my member blog.