Item exposed to oil?

Wolphie

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place, but I am in a confused pickle.

Have a decoration I set aside near my fish stuff, didn't realize fam got curious, picked it up and relocated it.

Due to the relocation, it may have gotten jojoba oil or almond oil on it..... I'm so paranoid I'm afraid to use it now....

Is there a way to clean it off (if it is there) and make it brackish water safe? Thanks in advance!

Orandamum

Will a 2% bleach solution work? Maybe give it a good scrub and rinse everyday for a week

Wolphie

Maybe!? Not sure, I have been almost contemplating rolling it around in cedar dust to absorb any possible excess! Lol but I'm not sure if it would work

Wolphie

I wish more people could confirm or deny this lol I want to use the new deco. Halpppp xP

Orandamum

Wolphie said:
I wish more people could confirm or deny this lol I want to use the new deco. Halpppp xP
I hope someone can help you out

Wolphie

Ty me too lol maybe I'll reach out to some of the well know folks and badger them

StarGirl

Just wash it really good with some Dawn dish soap and rinse it really good. It will be fine.

Edit what is it?

Wolphie

You are my hero, and my star. <3 ty

StarGirl

What is the deco I guess.?

Wolphie

It's a 3d print I made from petg as a cooler looking shrimp tube
For extra measure maybe I'll still do the 2% bleach shake too.... >_>

StarGirl

As long as it is plastic or ceramic you can wash it. I was just thinking....Oh no what if it is a coconut shell or something.....lol

Wolphie

Lol I'm in Florida, if it want a coconut shell, repurpose that as a pot then get a new one after making a drink from the milk xD lol
But thank youuuu, back to excited mode xD
This is just about done now! Going to be showing off some pics of this bad boy maybe in the show off forum... *eyebrow wiggle*

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom