it won't open its eyes Help

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by free.will77, Apr 8, 2010.

1. free.will77

free.will77Valued MemberMember

Hi guys
    please help me,I have a turtle, a little one, it won't open its eyes, exept the light is too much, and it doesn't move quickly like always and stands still in my hand and doesn't hide its head, what is wrong with it? I took it out from water and dried it and put it in a small tank. it won't response... exept I make it... Is it dying? oh my God...:'(

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

What kind of turtle is it? How long have you had it?
    Please give us time to answer your questions before posting in other forums. thanks.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    free.will77

thank you so much I just wanted others to take a look at the bottom of the page too,
    It's not a long time 2 months.it's not water turtle and its back diameter is about 4 cm.

4. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Did you catch it outside? It's really hard to bring a turtle in and get it to live.
    Carol

5. OP
    OP
    free.will77

I don't know I didn't buy it from a shop, I bought it from a person who sells goldfishes and sometimes turtles temporarily. it's a tradition in my country for the begining of a new year. I don't how he got them and from where.

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Is there a way for you to post a picture of the turtle or a picture of a turtle that looks the same?

7. OP
    OP
    free.will77

I can say it's somehow exactly like mine.

8. OP
    OP
    free.will77

I found it :Mauremys caspica is its scientific name and it's common name is : Caspian Pond Turtle

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

The closest I've been able to come up with are mud turtles. I've attached a link. Maybe that will help you with the care requirements and help you find out what's wrong with your shelled baby.

I hope this helps!

10. MaddieLynn

MaddieLynnWell Known MemberMember

Go to   and register for their forum. They have an emergency section and lots of very experienced turtle keepers that should be able to help you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice