It was too late

Discussion in 'Brackish Tanks Forum' started by PuffPuff, Jul 27, 2015.

1. PuffPuff

PuffPuff Well Known Member Member

I was putting water in my freshwater tank and added aquarium salt to the mix. I had water left over and decided to top off my brackish tank with it. I forgot I put aquarium salt in the mix and went ahead and added marine salt to the water I had left over. Mixed it and poured it in my brackish tank. Did I mess up? Is aquarium salt n marine salt mix bad for my brackish tank. I poured about half a gallon of it

2. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Don't think at that amount would cause issues. I always used marine salt mix & just mixed it to the sg that my brackish fish needed.

3. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

Oh no. I just woke up. My puffer fish is laying down. I think I did mess up. Idk what to do. Except a water change.

His eyes are cloudy too looks darker skin. His a figure 8

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  4. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Yes he is showing signs of stress.What do you keep the sg at? A water change via a drip to slowly bring it up or down . I have only kept scats & gobies, Hopefully someone with figure 8 puffers will chime in.

5. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

I did a 75% water change. Right after i posted last. Currently he looks to be doing better. More actively swimming. I think i saved him. I was freaking out badly, looked like he was choking. Scariest sight ever

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice