90 Gallon Tank it was SUPPOSED to be a hospital tank

barefootsavage

Reaction score
Experience
5 years

Having successfully posted my first post in pond pics, I will now attempt a second post in tanks.

we purchased this tank to be a hospital tank and when we were unable to save an advanced finrot koi we had been the recipient of, we converted it into a garden delight.

we like it better filled with healthy fish and plants.

r.i.p. bucket, my first koi failure, but you brought beauty into the room with your passing.

I apologise for the picture quality but my good camera was stolen last week... I will post better when the new one comes in

Attachments

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fish Lore!

You have a beautiful tank. I'm laughing to myself at the thought of a 90g tank being a hospital tank. To me that's huge, but I guess it's small compared to a pond.

-Lisa

Emberdee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow! Looks great! So what's all in there? I love the plants and all of your fish look healthy. Sorry about your koi. :'(

barefootsavage

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yes, I suppose it is a bit big for a hospital tank, but as my wife just said... I don't do things by halves.

thank you all for the welcome.

I shall post contents of tank as I take inventory (the bleedin' tetras are breeding so fast as to be almost uncountable)

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fishlore! I'm so sorry you lost your koi.

Your tank looks fabulous! Your rainbow shark looks so happy. The koi's loss definitely brought beauty into your home.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now you've done it. You've gone and made me entirely jealous of that tank..... which looks exactly the way I'd like my tanks to look..... I may have to hurt you.

Y'know, if you'd kept that as a hospital tank, that sucker's big enough that you would have been able to name each wing. Sheesh.....

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looks cool, I'm assuming the 1500 gallon is a pond if it isn't that's huge. Great looking 90 gallon pictures, wish I could have one.

barefootsavage

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yes, the 1500 is a pond (pics in pond section). as to the size of the tank... I was trying to have it big enough for an 18" koi (forward planning)

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With that size a koi you might be better off with a square display tank or a kiddie pool and a canister filter to give him the most lateral swim space. Being used to have several feet of swim space in one direction a tank wouldn't be the same.

barefootsavage

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
yay! my new cameras have arrived... will be able to post better pics now.. and I will try to tell the saga of this tank as well. thank you for your patience. I will try to post more this weekend.

LICfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sorry to hear about your koi.

When I first read the post I was thinking "this post must actually be about a smaller hospital tank for fish in the 90 gallon". I was shocked to learn that the 90G was actually intended to be the hospital! My biggest tank is just a little bigger than HALF the size of your intended hospital tank. LOL So envious! ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom