It bit my finger!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by wonton55912, Mar 25, 2010.

1. w

wonton55912 Valued Member Member

My new betta (Brian) bit me. i was trying to take some object that i found to be a freeze-dried bloodworm out of the tank. then Brian snatched it from me and as he did he got my finger. has anyone here ever got bitten by a betta?

2. Zoreta

Zoreta Valued Member Member

Sure- whenever I have to vacuum his tank Elton will give me a nip- he associates 'fingers' with 'food' because I taught him to hand-feed XD

3. u

uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Vanguard is always nipping my finger if he gets the chance! Its his favorite past-time. Eos swims around my finger looking at it suspiciously, and Ansett is afraid of it.

4. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

My little Aspen will nip at me.

5. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Yep, but it never hurts :)

6. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

I swear all of the kids are vicious :p I've got a couple who will actually jump out of the water for it :p
    However since I hand feed them alot of the time this might play a role in it :p

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Drac used to take the occasional nibble, depending on how long I ignored his "flares". I miss my boy.

I had a betta years ago (Lestat) that used to love to nibble on my fingers. He was trained to hand feed. He was another of my "hearthrob" bettas. I miss him, too.

8. S

Stathol New Member Member

I'm kind of jealous. I've been trying to coax Chowder into just taking pellet from off the tip of my finger every since I got him (~3 weeks ago) and he's not having anything to do with that. The best I'll get out of him is that if I hold the tip of my finger really still in the water for 15 or 20 seconds, he'll actually swim up to within about an 1/8 of a inch to it. He seems to be a happy, active betta but he's rather skittish. Biting me is totally out of the question at this point.

He did flare at me this morning when I stopped feeding him, though! That's a first.

9. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

My bettas bite me all the time. They enjoy it. Them crazy lil' buggers haha :p They do it on purpose too :giggle:

10. Shine

Shine Well Known Member Member

I haven't had mine bite me yet, but I have no doubt that Windago at least would if given half the chance. I feed him with a plastic knife... and he latches onto that pretty good, even jumps out of the water at it. The first time he did it I almost dropped it into the tank! lol

11. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

I went to take a plant out of Emmett's tank and he totally attacked my arm. He went insane on it. It helps that I have freckles and moles all over my arms, so I'm sure he saw those and thought "YUMMY!!!" The little sunfish at the lake seem to think my legs have tasty bits on them for the same reason. :p

Alec, one of my crowntails, is VICIOUS when I feed him bloodworms (I feed them with a pair of tweezers 'cuz they won't eat them any other way). He'll ignore the bloodworm and latch on to the tweezers!

12. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

haha some bettas can be crazy :D One of my bettas bit me unexpectly while I was arranging his decorations. It felt good though, like I was loved by my own betta. I miss that :)

13. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Yes, oh yes (see my sig lol)! Mars occassionally does it, even jumping out of the water at it if he *thinks* it is feeding time. Usually it's not though haha! His other favourite time is water change time.
    My Neptune used to go for it all the time no matter what I was doing. I miss that little guy :(.
    Draconis just looks at it and swims off, even though he will latch onto whatever puts worms in his tank at weekends!
    My brother's one, Proof, just flares at it until he gets food. I am convinced he thinks he has to do this for food to appear, he's done this since we got him!

14. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning!

Y'all just have some "nawty" fish!:nono: My boy Wriggley wouldn't dream of biting me.:giggle:
    Ken

15. Tigerfishy

Just you wait till he reads this thread...

16. Aquarist

LOL Tiger...I have my computer password protected and he doesn't know what the word is :) He won't be able to sign on without me.:whistling:
    Ken

17. Tigerfishy

:;laughing

18. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

We should never underestimate our bettas nowadays. They can do almost anything, it's just sometimes we don't know :whistling:

19. Aquarist

Have you folks been letting your fish play with Shawnie's fish? Cause we know her fish are always "nawty". :nono:

:giggle:
    Signed
    Lucy :;laughing (she really didn't say this)

(Ken)

20. Tigerfishy

Lol, you're in a "nawty" mood this morning!! (Well, morning for me, EARLY morning for you!). I know it's Fri, so I'll let you off haha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice