It About Gold Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by sorey, Apr 22, 2017.

1. soreyValued MemberMember

hi guys i am planing to get 2 gold fish for my office and just a small tank it about 30 cm/1 feet tank. Can i use Sponge filter for gold fish?do Gold fish easy to die?and how often should i change water for gold fish?Do gold fish need aquarium light?because my office already have 2 light.Any advice would be helpful. Thank You

2. Lindsay83Valued MemberMember

A 1ft tank isn't going to be anywhere near enough to keep goldfish for any length of time. They're big, messy fish - ideally pond fish. You need 30 gallons just for one goldfish, and an external filter rated for tanks double the size of the one the fish are in.

My dad has 2 fancy goldfish in my 200ltr/44 (UK) gallon tank. Filter's rated for 300ltrs.

3. PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

A 1 foot tank wouldn't work IMO, regular goldfish get over a foot long and need a 200g pond, fancies need a 20g + 10g for each additional goldfish.
    You could use a spongefilter, do you know the nitrogen cycle?
    Depends on their circumstances, most can survive for a bit in really bad situations.
    Once a week, but in a tank size like that I'd do daily. Around 50-75.

I really don't advise getting any goldies though.:)

4. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

@Monkami

If you'd like, you could always get a betta fish. 1 would work fine in that tank, and its perfect for a desk.

5. Neptune334Valued MemberMember

I agree with everyone here. Goldfish have a large bioload (poop and make a big mess a lot), so they aren't the best choice for your fish tank. Maybe you would consider a betta fish? They are small, colorful, and easy to take care of. A goldfish would probably get sick and die, while a betta would be happy if you took good care of the tank. You only need a light if you will be growing live plants.

6. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

Negative on the goldfish. If you tank is only a foot long it's probably less then 5 gallons and would NEVER be able to hold a goldfish let alone 2. Do you have the exact tank dimensions? We could give you a better stocking list. But it sounds like a single betta, maybe some shrimp are you only option. All fish need a filter and the majority need a heater as well i would advise a light, just because my fish get duller in the dark but DONT leave it on 24/7.

7. soreyValued MemberMember

oh i see thank you guys for warn me about gold fish i am also too lazy to take care of messy fish lol. Seriously thank alot for your advice because i am also feel bad if i make gold fish die D:

8. Tiny_TanganyikansWell Known MemberMember

There are many inexpensive beautiful fish that can thrive in a smaller setup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice