It’s Going To Be Sand Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Substrates - Gravel, Sand' started by Gypsy13, Apr 13, 2018.

?

Swimming pool filter sand or play sand?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2018.
  1. Pool

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Play

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bdbs

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Gypsy13

Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

I’ve decided on sand for my undecided aquarium. Decisions can be frustrating.

2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

3. FishFish221

FishFish221Well Known MemberMember

Pool or BDBS sand are commonly used. Play sand can vary depending on where it is sourced, but where I live the play sand requires no washing and can be put into the aquarium directly though it can vary in different places.

If you are looking for a lighter colour for your aquascape and plants and have a more natural look, go for the pool sand or play sand. If you want the fish and plants to stand out from everything else, go for the BDBS.

4. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I have pool sand in all of my tanks, except one.
    It's extremely natural, and looks good under a bright LED light.

5. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

I personally love BDBS and have it in all my tanks, I found it to be the easiest to wash(haven’t tried play sand) and very beautiful. Makes it nice for photography and makes the fish “pop” a little more.

6. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_Well Known MemberMember

I like PFS. It's super easy to keep clean, requires barely and washing, and looks nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice