ISO driftwood !

Blueberrybetta

I've never bought driftwood before so I have no experience with it but I read it releases tannins and I would like some for my 10gal Betta tank. I don't know really where to find some in person. I don't see any at my lps but someone said they are on amazon.

Can someone post a link of driftwood that releases tannins for sure , or another website I can buy it from Someone also told me only certain kind of driftwood releases tannins so I'm not sure what kind to get.

I need a small type but one that isn't too branchy that will rip a Bettas fin.

Much appreciated! Thank you

Pebbels

I have a10 gallon betta tank and I have driftwood as well. I don't think mine releases that but you can heat some driftwood at a local Petco or petsmart

This is what mine looks like
1579837088143.jpg

Sorry for my grammar this phone keeps auto correction...lol anyway you can find driftwood at a Petco and or petsmart

Briggs

I've never bought driftwood before so I have no experience with it but I read it releases tannins and I would like some for my 10gal Betta tank. I don't know really where to find some in person. I don't see any at my lps but someone said they are on amazon.

Can someone post a link of driftwood that releases tannins for sure , or another website I can buy it from Someone also told me only certain kind of driftwood releases tannins so I'm not sure what kind to get.

I need a small type but one that isn't too branchy that will rip a Bettas fin.

Much appreciated! Thank you

In my experience thicker driftwoods like MopanI and malaysian driftwood release more tannins than thinner woods like spiderwood and manzanita. Are you in the USA? There are a few chain stores that carry them, and lots of websites, though most don't show you the specific piece you're buying. Ebay can be a good place to look if you want to see what you're getting first. Some sellers post WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

But if all you're looking for are tannins, you can get that from a number of sources. Leaf litter, seed pods, certain types of tea. All of which can also be purchased online, but if you live near any kind of natural wooded area where you know for a fact they don't spray pesticides, you might be able to collect some of your own. The tea you can get from amazon cheaper than you can aquarium specialty shops. Rooibos tea is what most people use.

Blueberrybetta

In my experience thicker driftwoods like MopanI and malaysian driftwood release more tannins than thinner woods like spiderwood and manzanita. Are you in the USA? There are a few chain stores that carry them, and lots of websites, though most don't show you the specific piece you're buying. Ebay can be a good place to look if you want to see what you're getting first. Some sellers post WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

But if all you're looking for are tannins, you can get that from a number of sources. Leaf litter, seed pods, certain types of tea. All of which can also be purchased online, but if you live near any kind of natural wooded area where you know for a fact they don't spray pesticides, you might be able to collect some of your own. The tea you can get from amazon cheaper than you can aquarium specialty shops. Rooibos tea is what most people use.

I've been using IAL already but I always wanted driftwood and I found out it releases tannins so I want it more! Lol I'll cheat my pet store again but thank you for the suggestions. I'll write them down

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
applejax
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
  • Question
Replies
Views
lolapetrovik
Replies