1. Maddison

Maddison Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0

2. beckers4oranges

beckers4oranges Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its been done before...keeping a betta in something like that...but that doesnt mean it would be a very healthy betta....i wouldnt get anything less then a gallon for a betta...thats only around 3.6 liters which doesnt add up to be 1 gallon close but not quite... point being it'll work...just wouldnt be tha best for ur betta...

3. gammerus

gammerus Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if it were bigger, it would deff be cool, cept I think I have heard somewhere that fish bowls can cause a fish to go blind

4. Jon

Jon Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes that looks quite small for a betta... do they come in other sizes?

5. EmpPleco

EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be awesome if they did come in bigger sizes, because that picture of the guy sitting on the sofa with like 5 of them hanging on the wall behind him is totally cool lookin :D

6. chickadee

chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +14
    ::)
    Not cool!  First of all, Bettas are TROPICAL FISH.  They need heat, filtration, and aeration as well as a good amount of swimming room.  The 6.7 gallon may have room but how cool would it look with electrical wires for a heater and filter hanging out of it, and that is what you would need (at the least) if you want a healthy, happy fish.  If all you want is a wall decoration, it a cruel thing to do to a fish.  I think it also needs to be said that Bettas are top swimmers.  They need to come to the surface to breathe through their labyrinth organ (much like us, a Betta can breathe air as well as through their gills - in fact they HAVE to).  This means they need something with a good surface area for them to come up to.  Those look like the surface is very small and enclosed inside an even smaller hole in the "Bubble".  It may cause a problem for the air exchange for your fish.  It more than likely sounds like I am the biggest "party pooper" on this forum sometimes, but seriously there is so much just plain wrong information going around about Bettas and I have become so tired of it, I just open up my mouth and say what I think.  I also have a lot of reading, studying, and watching Bettas behavior, talking to people who have bred Bettas, treated Bettas, and loved Bettas to rely on.  Anyone wanting any sources for the information I give let me know and I will gladly share with you.  There is also an excellent forum devoted especially to bettas.  I am not being disloyal to Fishlore.com, but I feel if one is going to own a fish and do well by it you should take advantage of ALL the help and information you can get.  The site is http://www.bettaforums.com and there are some folks there who know Bettas much, much better than I do.  (They also have some BEAUTIFUL pictures that are worth the visit by themselves.)

Please learn about the Betta before you consign him to a bowl.  (this is addressed to the public in general, if the shoe fits ...)   ::)

Rose

:D

7. gammerus

gammerus Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ooh they have some 6gal ones..man that would be sweet...I know there is a way to make that work

8. fish_r_friend

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if i found one localy id try to make it work

9. RoboDude

RoboDude Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hehehe . . . very nicely said, Rose!!!

10. EmpPleco

EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0

11. newbie101

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. chickadee

chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +14
  13. RoboDude

RoboDude Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's SOOOO horrible what people do with Bettas!!!

14. newbie101

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I KNOWWWWWW! it makes me so mad!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: The poor fishes usually don't even have room to turn around, let alone a filter, heater, and basic care that all animals deserve!

15. beckers4oranges

beckers4oranges Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that should be considered animal cruelty