Is Your Username Your Real Name? - Page 2

Is your username (if you have something like mine) your real name?

• Yes

Votes: 32 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • You'll never know

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • It's my initials

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

goldface

Based on the responses, I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have thrown my name out there, even if it's just my first name. But hey, what could go wrong? Lol.

aced it

nope, it was between aced it and severelypsychotic (my usual username), and I figured aced it was the less creepy option.

Platylover

scarface said:
Based on the responses, I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have thrown my name out there, even if it's just my first name. But hey, what could go wrong? Lol.
Yeah, I mean, not like the whole world could spontaneously catch on fire because you just tossed out your first name on a fish forum... right?
aced it said:
nope, it was between aced it and severelypsychotic (my usual username), and I figured aced it was the less creepy option.
You figured correctly

goldface

Platylover said:
Yeah, I mean, not like the whole world could spontaneously catch on fire because you just tossed out your first name on a fish forum... right?

You figured correctly
No clue. If nothing happens between tonight and when I wake up, I think I'm in the clear.

Rowan

Not my legal name, but it's a name I've always liked. It has a nice sound, it's the name of genus of trees and I like trees, and it's gender-neutral.

Swlws

scarface said:
Hahaha it is better safe than sorry in some cases right I for one am old enough to have learnt all about internet safety from before it was a problem and yet young enough to not really care.

*edit* well I had to edit cause apparently the word I wanted to use is not allowed

Dawn Michele

Yes it is my real name.

ETNsilverstar

scarface said:
No clue. If nothing happens between tonight and when I wake up, I think I'm in the clear.
I put my first name in another post in the forums a week or so ago and I'm still good, so I think you're safe!

AQUA_LOVER

Mine is my real name. Although the schoolyard was an awkward and confusing time for me!

david1978

AQUA_LOVER said:
Mine is my real name. Although the schoolyard was an awkward and confusing time for me!
I just figured you were aquaman in disguise.

Waterloo

Mine is not actual name is Mikayley. Waterloo came when I was a pre-teen with my first Xbox and thinking up a gamer tag. Was really into the group ABBA and Waterloo was my favorite song. Name kinda stuck and now it’s weird using anything else. Other nicknames from it have been called Lady Loo, Loo, Water, H2O, list goes on and on.

Guppy_Lover713

I would hope no one would think my username as my real name.

windrunner9189

in ways throughout my life "fire" has been my name, but not my name given from birth. I don't get called "fire" much anymore, though. i'd be terrified to go to school one day and hear, "hey, fire!"

lilabug4545

Contrary to what most people believe, Lila is not my name! My name is actually Lizzy, I use the name Lila if I'm afraid something is a spam or scam, but lilabug4545 is my username on a lot of websites!

Basil

Although it could be, it’s not. It’s the name of my oldest horse.

LyssahBlue

Mine is my screen name since forever, it’s a twist on my real name, Melyssa

Frisbee

lilabug4545 said:
Contrary to what most people believe, Lila is not my name! My name is actually Lizzy, I use the name Lila if I'm afraid something is a spam or scam, but lilabug4545 is my username on a lot of websites!
My name is Lizzy to! and everybody thinks it's weird that I spell it with a y, but now I know I'm not alone in the world. like everybody I meet wants to wright it as Lizzie, and even my auto correct wants to change it to that.

ValerieAdams

LittleBlueGuppy said:
My name is Lizzy to! and everybody thinks it's weird that I spell it with a y, but now I know I'm not alone in the world. like everybody I meet wants to wright it as Lizzie, and even my auto correct wants to change it to that.
Interesting. I think Lizzy is more common around me

bgclarke

Yes it is.
I normally use a variation of Black Rose for my online name: don't recall why I chose part of my name vs my usual screen name.

lilabug4545

LittleBlueGuppy said:
Awesome! My "official" name has an interesting twist to it, as well, so I decided to change it to Lizzy in hopes that people wouldn't misspell it as much. Then, it seemed like overnight, Lizzie became more popular and well-known. Everyone I know jokes that if I'd gone with "ie" Lizzy would be more popular!

Redshark1

Red is my favourite colour and the Red-tailed Black Shark is my favourite aquarium fish of all.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++-

The plus signs were typed by my cat Geoffrey. He's hungry as usual but he's only getting 2 pouches a day.

Swlws

Redshark1 said:
Red is my favourite colour and the Red-tailed Black Shark is my favourite aquarium fish of all.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++-

The plus signs were typed by my cat Geoffrey. He's hungry as usual but he's only getting 2 pouches a day.

My cats have that talent too, have to use a "decoy" keyboard just to get work done at home

windrunner9189

my real name is carleigh! it's always spelled wrong, unfortunately, but it's unique I guess!

SwankyThePirate

seeing all you're guys names and little story to it is really fun to read for me lol puts a smile on my face~~ hmm lol :0) my username isn't my name (obviously! huehuehueh) Since I'm really involved in drama and theater doing plays and such I played a pirate character named Swanky the pirate legend lol kinda long and with all my friends and the drama group 'swanky' stuck so its a nickname
Oh! and I chose Swanky the pirate because I thought adding legend would be longer then it already is lol

nanbridg

My name is a coconcation of my first and last name this way at my age I can recognize myself

Fanatic

I have heard of people with the name Fanatic before, but it’s not my name, my real name is Simon.

Isabelle

Yes it is.

jenmur

A combo of first and last names. Sorta

ValerieAdams

jenmur said:
A combo of first and last names. Sorta
Hey I didn't know you were in Ohio!

REL

Swlws said:
My cats have that talent too, have to use a "decoy" keyboard just to get work done at home
Thanks for the idea, I might just have to steal it!!! Every time I sit at the computer my cat doesn’t let me work

And my name is long and nobody ever gets it right.... and it is a pain to have to write it out every time I log on...

jenmur

ValerieAdams said:
Hey I didn't know you were in Ohio!
Yep. Columbus. The capital.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom