What is your dream tank?

• Freshwater

Votes: 78 78.0%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 28 28.0%

• Total voters

Dewclaw83

Rev said:
Haha I feel you. Before you know it a few hundred bucks have vanished. All things considered the tank isn't too bad price wise. But everything else adds up very quickly.
It’s not a bad price honestly, still too much right now though, unfortunately lol

jinjerJOSH22 said:
There's a small frag tank available on Ebay, I checked it out after seeing your post, it turns out it's in my home town
Ooo nice! What size is it?

jinjerJOSH22

Dewclaw83 said:
It’s not a bad price honestly, still too much right now though, unfortunately lol

Ooo nice! What size is it?
It's only 24" by 15"
Might be fun to play with, I could probably get it for £20 or so

Rev

jinjerJOSH22 said:
It's only 24" by 15"
Josh is getting another tank! Whatcha putting in it?

Dewclaw83

jinjerJOSH22 said:
It's only 24" by 15"
That'd definitely be fun to play with! If you do get it, definitely let us know - I know I, at least, would love to follow along!
...and if you got bored with it - you could send it my way jkjk... unless?

jinjerJOSH22

Rev said:
Josh is getting another tank! Whatcha putting in it?
I’m not.....probably, if I did Croaking GouramI

Awaken_Riceball_

aoiumi said:
Oh wow! A cold saltwater tank sounds amazing! There are so many things in the ocean, and that's a section you never hear about. If you ever start it, I'll be watching.
Yes and that is something I really want to explore ever since I visited the Georgia Aquarium and saw there was sub-antarctic corals and live fish. I was amazed and wondering if I could replicate it.

CHJ

Awaken_Riceball_ said:
Then I want to experiment with a 90 gallon cold/antarctic Saltwater Aquarium to display something unusual and rarely seen in the hobby.
I considered finding a large dorm fridge with no freezer and removing the door and building a front panel out of 3" acrylic so I could seal it up and make it into a lumpsucker tank. They are adorable enough to have me making questionable aquarium decisions.
Then I concluded this would not be the best way to try salt for the first time.

SeaMonkey06

I was wondering what everyone's dream tank is? I could go on forever! I have so many dream tanks, so feel free to skI'm over my post as this is going to take a while...

1. 2,000G Asian Arowana (or Silver) Above Ground Pond (or maybe built into the wall) - Beautiful fish I hope to one day own
2. 150G White Cloud Mountain Minnow Heavily Planted Tank - A huge school in there and watch the magic happen!
3. A 400G Goldfish Tank - Just because they are absolutely beautiful creatures!
4. I dream to one day upgrade my axolotls from a 40G to a 200G heavily planted
5. A betta rack - 2 huge racks that hold 6 10G tanks each, with one betta in each one, all heavily planted
6. A 20Gallon Pea Puffer Tank - Planted
7. A Planted, Natural Type Turtle Tank
8. A 350G tropical community tank - (neons, guppies, the like!)
9. A 200G Discus Tank - Heavily Planted
10. A 200G Flowerhorn Tank
11. A 200G Oscar Tank
12. Any kind of heavily planted tank with a Pleco in it
13. An all cory tank - Bronze
14. An angelfish tank

Anddd...
I dream of one day experimenting with the unknown saltwater world, and setting up a 50G reef tank with Clownfish and corals...

I could go on and on and on and on but I'll spare you all the trouble

Don't know where I'm going to get the money or space for something like this, but hey, let me dream

Salem

I'd really like to have an indoor pond with super dark water. Nothing super big maybe like 75 gallons- I'd like it more wide than shallow. I'd stock it with some sort of betta (ideally one of the wild types) and a bunch of snails- black devil snails, nerites, an apple snail, rabbit snails, etc. I'd also love for it to have some clams as well. It would be moderately planted with some of them growing up out of the water and a big chunk of driftwood.

CoryBoi

An all Cory tank? Lol!
this list goes unrealistic to realistic:
15,000G indoor koI pond with full length window
10,000G 50 male pearl gourami, 100-150 females, at least 500 corries of all different varieties, and several hundred tetras of various types.
5,000 gallon fancy goldfish aquarium
3,000 gallon 5 ft tall angelfish tank, with tetras and sterbaI cory
2,000 gallon Livebearer tank
1,000 gallon barb tank
500 gallon fahaka puffer tank
200 gallon warm water community with several pairs of different German rams along with rummynose tetras and sterbaI corries
100 gallon pea puffer tank
75 gallon HEAVILY planted endler tank
75 gallon betta sorority

FinalFins

I would love to get a 150 gallon with wild discus and leopoldis, along with a small spotted congo puffer tank.

Another dream one is 75 gallon with leopoldI angelfish and bolivians, that's in the planning stage at the moment.

Besides that, an asian themed tank(rasboras, wild bettas) would be great, maybe a medaka pond too?

Inner10

I've been planning a custom tank with an alcohol burning fireplace on-top in my great room. Maybe I'll build it as I'm mostly sitting on my ass these days.

Dewclaw83

I’d love to do a 50 gallon frag tank wild betta biotope tank - all native plants, fish, etc

I’d also love a betta rack, and am slowly working on one kinda

I also have recently discovered the burning desire to do two tanks - both Belize biotopes, but one freshwater and one saltwater. I have no experience with saltwater, (and no money for saltwater), and the freshwater fish are next to impossible to find, so I doubt I’ll ever do these.

I’m also currently working on something I’ve wanted to do since I was little - a tank of my local fish! (Dw, checked its legal)

KingJamal2

A 150-200 gallon heavily planted rainbow fish tank.

A tank with an Arowana, not sure how big, and it would have to be a silver Arowana, because asian arowanas are illegal in the US

trahana

100-200G tank full of nano fish! Like a slice of river in your living room, with roots and big rocks on either side of a big tank and sandy/carpet plants in the middle. It would be custom, so it would be narrow so it would be the length of what ever room it was to be installed in. I'd probably have about 60+ of schooling nano fish and then some other meandering fish in it.

SeaMonkey06

Salem said:
I'd really like to have an indoor pond with super dark water. Nothing super big maybe like 75 gallons- I'd like it more wide than shallow. I'd stock it with some sort of betta (ideally one of the wild types) and a bunch of snails- black devil snails, nerites, an apple snail, rabbit snails, etc. I'd also love for it to have some clams as well. It would be moderately planted with some of them growing up out of the water and a big chunk of driftwood.
Your dreams are far more controlled than mine That betta would love that setup

CoryFan said:
An all Cory tank? Lol!
this list goes unrealistic to realistic:
15,000G indoor koI pond with full length window
10,000G 50 male pearl gourami, 100-150 females, at least 500 corries of all different varieties, and several hundred tetras of various types.
5,000 gallon fancy goldfish aquarium
3,000 gallon 5 ft tall angelfish tank, with tetras and sterbaI cory
2,000 gallon Livebearer tank
1,000 gallon barb tank
500 gallon fahaka puffer tank
200 gallon warm water community with several pairs of different German rams along with rummynose tetras and sterbaI corries
100 gallon pea puffer tank
75 gallon HEAVILY planted endler tank
75 gallon betta sorority
And I thought my dreams were wild! I love Fahaka Puffers

FinalFins said:
I would love to get a 150 gallon with wild discus and leopoldis, along with a small spotted congo puffer tank.

Another dream one is 75 gallon with leopoldI angelfish and bolivians, that's in the planning stage at the moment.

Besides that, an asian themed tank(rasboras, wild bettas) would be great, maybe a medaka pond too?
Ooh! Atm my biggest tank is a 40G, so a 150G is a huge dream for me. I love Discus
Dewclaw83 said:
I’d love to do a 50 gallon frag tank wild betta biotope tank - all native plants, fish, etc

I’d also love a betta rack, and am slowly working on one kinda

I also have recently discovered the burning desire to do two tanks - both Belize biotopes, but one freshwater and one saltwater. I have no experience with saltwater, (and no money for saltwater), and the freshwater fish are next to impossible to find, so I doubt I’ll ever do these.

I’m also currently working on something I’ve wanted to do since I was little - a tank of my local fish! (Dw, checked its legal)
I'm sorta there too. Two bettas counts for something, right?

KingJamal2 said:
A 150-200 gallon heavily planted rainbow fish tank.

A tank with an Arowana, not sure how big, and it would have to be a silver Arowana, because asian arowanas are illegal in the US
I can imagine the tank in my mind now... Beautiful

trahana said:
100-200G tank full of nano fish! Like a slice of river in your living room, with roots and big rocks on either side of a big tank and sandy/carpet plants in the middle. It would be custom, so it would be narrow so it would be the length of what ever room it was to be installed in. I'd probably have about 60+ of schooling nano fish and then some other meandering fish in it.
Ah! Stop! You're making me wish for more tanks even more now... More like a slice of heaven

Bubble

I'd love a huge biotope paludarium of one of my local rivers.
A turtle, a school of pygmy perch and maybe some freshwater crabs or yabbies. Dark blackwater with reeds and driftwood.

Or some freshwater crocodiles. That would be cool. It'd have to be pretty big though...

More realistically, I'm trying to plan a small-ish betta paludarium/ riparium, with emergent plants and plenty of driftwood. And duckweed.

Wardonianfungus

I know there was a thread similar to this but I couldn’t find it.

I recently found out that the blue dragon slugs are a thing, and they sadly would be near impossible to keep in a tank. If you could have anything in any tank and just look at it, never have to do any maintenance, care about compatibility, pay for it or anything. Mine would be a 100 gal reef tank, with a few blue dragons, starfish, shrimps, assorted crabs, the eel like gobies, and some clown fish.
EDIT: got merged with the thread lol

Danny002

I've loved horn sharks for a long time. It's extremely unlikely I could ever have one but who knows. If I ever did get one it would probably be in a large display tank at the fish store I would like to own one day. It would have to be quite the setup but I'd gladly do it just because I think they are so cool.

This is my more realistic list:
150g with 3 or 4 oscars
TBDg arowana tank- I know I would definitely be huge though
40g breeder tank for apistogramma cactuoides
I have quite the mental list of fish to own "one day" but those are just a few.

AquaCaitlin

I would love a 50 gallon freshwater with a aquascape like this:

Stocked with all my favorites:
Various types of endlers, neon tetras, Blue Mickey Mouse platies, Pygmy Corys, a female betta sorority of about 8, blue sapphire shrimp, and some snails.

I would also love to one day have a outdoor koi pond, and an indoor goldfish pond.

Sputnik

Mike said:
Curious, what type of aquarium is your dream tank?
Is Your Dream Tank Freshwater or Saltwater?
My answer: Yes

Basil

I can’t help it but the realist comes out in me and I just come up with tanks that I hope to actually set up one day.
Tank #1, a 75 g African cichlid tank centered around a group of yellow labs.
And tank #2, a 125 g, true biope with fish and plants that co-exist with y. Modesta, the red tailed loach. So it might be a group of those loaches and maybe a group of skunk loaches, scissortail rasboras, and maybe tinfoil barbs. Subdued lighting with lots of rock and driftwood and mostly java fern, Anubias, and java moss for plants.

idkausernamesoyeah

one thing ive always wanted was to have an entire room just be a fish tank. like there r stairs going down and u walk in and u literally r just swimming with ur fish. also after watching chasing coral all i want now is a saltwater tank with coral haha

A201

Basil you can keep Y Modestas with African Cichlids. I have four of them in my tank. They look like tanks. Lol.

tuggerlake26

I love all of these ideas! I answered saltwater, but as I typed these out, realized freshwater set-ups can be more fun (more variations). Here are mine:

• 250 gallon Amazon tank: I finally got the discus I've wanted for so long, but I'd love an Amazon tank like we have at the Shedd Aquarium. It has discus, angelfish, and cories in it, but also a huge school of cardinals, probably in the 100s. The neon blue is incredible. I could spend hours watching.
  • 29 gallon killifish tanks: I've kept them before, but haven't had space to dedicate for them. Would love five or so tanks for different species and try breeding them, too
  • 75 gallon African tank: I've only had African cichlids once, but would love to have them. The problem is I love South American fish so much, and I don't have enough room for both. Would love a tank stocked up with rock and a bunch of electric blue, golds, and cherries.
  • 250 gallon saltwater: I've never kept a fish only saltwater tank, but would love to have some of the larger angelfish. My favorite saltwater fish is a blue girdled angelfish and emperor angelfish. Would need to go for an even large fish tank, which I wouldn't be against! I'd also love a copperband butterfly.
  • 150 gallon reef: a reef tank with clams, sps, and anemones.

Basil

A201 said:
Basil you can keep Y Modestas with African Cichlids. I have four of them in my tank. They look like tanks. Lol.
Yeah, I know you do. I just like the idea of a “pure” tank. How big are your Modestas now?

A201

I think the biggest one might be 5". Really slow growers, but really thick.
A bio type tank of various Loaches & Barbs would be awsome.

LightBrownPillow

I've always gotten more enjoyment out of freshwater fish than salt, maybe because I've grown up on inland lakes. My current dream would be a big river tank with schools of small fish (minnows, barbs) and a pleco among ottocinclus. Lots of activity all the time!

shrimpyay

Imagine you live in a fantasy world, where money and space and time are no objects, where your tap water comes out a perfect match to your Dream Tank's requirements, where you can spend as much or as little time perfecting it as possible, where you can have a 5,000 gallon floor-to-ceiling centerpiece tank in your living room if you wanted it (and, bonus, your family would be equally happy with it!). Imagine that world.

What would your Dream Tank look like? How big would it be, where would you keep it, and what would live in it?

I've had the "learn about new fish and fantasize over tanks with them" bug the last few days, and would love to hear what your probably-never-possible-but-really-cool tank would be!

Not sure if this has been done before, but I didn't see a thread like it in the first few pages of the forum, so...

Sauceboat

Basically a room that is a fish tank with heavily planted amazon biotope housing several arapaimas.

Jacklynn

Hmm, I am not sure what happened to my thread, it merged with this thread, oops.

Betta'sAnonymous

Too many dreams to count lol

Currently the dream is to setup a tank for some peacock gudgeons....and maybe a green dragon pleco...which that should start happening next month perhaps....though maybe earlier since the cats destroyed the christmas tree...hmmmm....

Cherryshrimp420

Don't really have a dream tank.....I like my current 75 gal shrimp-only tank a lot

I guess if I could have another tank I would go with fish this time, maybe a angelfish tank with neon tetras....

veggieshark

Multiple dream tanks like most have A series of biotope communities that will let me keep as many types of fish as possible that I like. At least 10 tanks ... Meebee the Asian blackwater to start with.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Jacklynn

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Too many dreams to count lol

Currently the dream is to setup a tank for some peacock gudgeons....and maybe a green dragon pleco...which that should start happening next month perhaps....though maybe earlier since the cats destroyed the christmas tree...hmmmm....
I approve of this, I am absolutely loving my green dragon pleco right now....

SouthAmericanCichlids

I want a green dragon pleco soooo bad, but can't find any.

AggressiveAquatics

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I want a green dragon pleco soooo bad, but can't find any.
Wait are they rare? I see them at my petco every time I go

SouthAmericanCichlids

AggressiveAquatics said:
Wait are they rare? I see them at my petco every time I go
I don't have a petco near me, but I go to my lfs weekly and petsmart about once a month and have never seen one in person.

St3v3

Jacklynn said:
What is your dream fish? What is your dream set up? Just what the title says, I am curious to know what other people dream of, hehe. I would love a pair of black diamond cichlids (I have found a local breeder) and maybe a flowerhorn.. one day, hopefully soon when I have a bigger tank.
My dream fishtank is a 225 gallon fishtank with Iridescent sharks and Stingrays.I also want a frontosa.I'm not sure If Frontosas are compatible with Iridescents so that might be a separate tank on its own

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom