Is Your Dream Tank Freshwater or Saltwater?

What is your dream tank?

• Freshwater

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Curious, what type of aquarium is your dream tank?

Mine would be a 1,000 gallon plus reef (like wall size) tank packed to the gills with corals!

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A large tank with nothing but Asian Arowana and Altum Angelfish. :)
Nice Crispii! Did you vote in the poll for freshwater? I'm only seeing my vote so far.

johnbirg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Curious, what type of aquarium is your dream tank?

Mine would be a 1,000 gallon plus reef (like wall size) tank packed to the gills with corals!
I'm with you on the size Mike but prefer freshwater so I can have sharks, rays and lots of Oscars.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have two dream tanks. One fresh the other salt. Both unrealistically huge (35,000 gallons, I always seem to settle on that. 1000 just isn't enough for me - I have realistic goals in life). But I'd go fresh over salt if I had to choose. Then I'd have to choose if I wanted to go monster fish or planted with lots of smaller. I may go the king of diy route. Asian arowana and tonnes of small schooling fish.

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm already living the dream with my African Cichlid tank. If a great deal on another 120 - 180 gal. tank became available, I'd go with a group of a mid sized Geophagus, Bolivian Rams and my favorite big Tetras, Columbian, Bleedinghearts & Buenos Aires. I'd build a rock hardscape highlighted w/ Manzanita bling & Anubias.

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
See, I'd need several of each to really fulfill the dream. Like that guy in Portland OR that has a fish house.
I'd need a stuffed mixed reef tank, and a saltwater predator tank, and a non-reef-safe FOWLR for angels, and I'd need an enormous tank full of the longest finned comet goldfish I could find because they are simply gorgeous, one for discus, and a large SA cichlid tank where I could keep a Green Terror, and breeding pairs of firemouths and convicts, and one just stuffed with FW Angelfish... I have too many dreams as usual. I want the mountains AND the beach lol.

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Okay I know that everyone always saysto dream big but I’ve always wanted to upgrade my betta/snails from their 10 gal to a 20-29 gal that can house a nice big school of Corys and a SUCCESSFUL shrimp colony of any kind... maybe one day. Lol

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A really big Saltwater tank. I love the colors of the salt fish. The saltwater critters are really cool too. Feather dusters, shrimps, crabs and anemones. It would have to come with a keeper too, Too much work for me right now :p

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'd want an insanely big mix up of some of the coolest really big freshwater species. I'd want a giant school of Bala Sharks, Freshwater Stingrays, Birchirs, Clown Loaches, Eartheater Cichlids, Oscars, just as many of those awesome, smart, giant fish as you could fit in there. And someone else to do the water changes for me. :p

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd want an insanely big mix up of some of the coolest really big freshwater species. I'd want a giant school of Bala Sharks, Freshwater Stingrays, Birchirs, Clown Loaches, Eartheater Cichlids, Oscars, just as many of those awesome, smart, giant fish as you could fit in there. And someone else to do the water changes for me. :p
you just added like ten tanks to my dream house lol.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
you just added like ten tanks to my dream house lol.
Why have a house at all? I mean, all you really need is a bedroom, then the rest can just be a collection of giant fishtanks. Or one giant fish tank, whichever you prefer. :)

Ladyglo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Since it's just a dream, I have to go with the really big saltwater tank full of coral, sea creatures and bright tropical fish. Sigh...maybe Publishers Clearinghouse will come through for me one day, as that is the only way I'll ever be able to afford it:)

DecoyCat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My dream tank would be a 8 foot freshwater Discus tank with a nice large piece of driftwood, the kind that looks like the bottom of a tree with a few roots coming off it. And then i would like a plant system that grows in a tub on the top of the tank and dangles down into the water, with a nice beach color type sand. Id like it to look like a rain forrest. I would stock it with 1 strain of Discus, the Red Eagle type, my dream fish. Also a large school of Kerri Tetras and a large school of Bronze Corydoras. I wish this was reality lol :)

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
1000 Gallon Giant Gourami tank, In my short time in this hobby I've learnt that I adore Gourami so I think I should aim for the biggest right?
That's how I feel about my tank too! I adore Cichlids and Loaches, so I want to get the biggest ones possible.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom