Is Your Dream Tank Freshwater or Saltwater?

What is your dream tank?

• Freshwater

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 26 27.7%

• Total voters

Mike

Curious, what type of aquarium is your dream tank?

Mine would be a 1,000 gallon plus reef (like wall size) tank packed to the gills with corals!

Crispii

Mike

Crispii said:
A large tank with nothing but Asian Arowana and Altum Angelfish. :)
Nice Crispii! Did you vote in the poll for freshwater? I'm only seeing my vote so far.

Crispii

Mike said:
Nice Crispii! Did you vote in the poll for freshwater? I'm only seeing my vote so far.
Done. :)

MissNoodle

A huge freshwater tank for a nice group of dojos and different kinds of cories. I think thatd be the best.

johnbirg

Mike said:
Curious, what type of aquarium is your dream tank?

Mine would be a 1,000 gallon plus reef (like wall size) tank packed to the gills with corals!
I'm with you on the size Mike but prefer freshwater so I can have sharks, rays and lots of Oscars.

Feohw

I have two dream tanks. One fresh the other salt. Both unrealistically huge (35,000 gallons, I always seem to settle on that. 1000 just isn't enough for me - I have realistic goals in life). But I'd go fresh over salt if I had to choose. Then I'd have to choose if I wanted to go monster fish or planted with lots of smaller. I may go the king of diy route. Asian arowana and tonnes of small schooling fish.

A201

I'm already living the dream with my African Cichlid tank. If a great deal on another 120 - 180 gal. tank became available, I'd go with a group of a mid sized Geophagus, Bolivian Rams and my favorite big Tetras, Columbian, Bleedinghearts & Buenos Aires. I'd build a rock hardscape highlighted w/ Manzanita bling & Anubias.

MomeWrath

See, I'd need several of each to really fulfill the dream. Like that guy in Portland OR that has a fish house.
I'd need a stuffed mixed reef tank, and a saltwater predator tank, and a non-reef-safe FOWLR for angels, and I'd need an enormous tank full of the longest finned comet goldfish I could find because they are simply gorgeous, one for discus, and a large SA cichlid tank where I could keep a Green Terror, and breeding pairs of firemouths and convicts, and one just stuffed with Freshwater Angelfish... I have too many dreams as usual. I want the mountains AND the beach lol.

aquafrogg

Okay I know that everyone always saysto dream big but I’ve always wanted to upgrade my betta/snails from their 10 gal to a 20-29 gal that can house a nice big school of Corys and a SUCCESSFUL shrimp colony of any kind... maybe one day. Lol

StarGirl

A really big Saltwater tank. I love the colors of the salt fish. The saltwater critters are really cool too. Feather dusters, shrimps, crabs and anemones. It would have to come with a keeper too, Too much work for me right now :p

CMB

I'd want an insanely big mix up of some of the coolest really big freshwater species. I'd want a giant school of Bala Sharks, Freshwater Stingrays, Birchirs, Clown Loaches, Eartheater Cichlids, Oscars, just as many of those awesome, smart, giant fish as you could fit in there. And someone else to do the water changes for me. :p

MomeWrath

CMB said:
I'd want an insanely big mix up of some of the coolest really big freshwater species. I'd want a giant school of Bala Sharks, Freshwater Stingrays, Birchirs, Clown Loaches, Eartheater Cichlids, Oscars, just as many of those awesome, smart, giant fish as you could fit in there. And someone else to do the water changes for me. :p
you just added like ten tanks to my dream house lol.

CMB

Magicpenny75 said:
you just added like ten tanks to my dream house lol.
Why have a house at all? I mean, all you really need is a bedroom, then the rest can just be a collection of giant fishtanks. Or one giant fish tank, whichever you prefer. :)

Ladyglo

Since it's just a dream, I have to go with the really big saltwater tank full of coral, sea creatures and bright tropical fish. Sigh...maybe Publishers Clearinghouse will come through for me one day, as that is the only way I'll ever be able to afford it:)

DecoyCat

My dream tank would be a 8 foot freshwater Discus tank with a nice large piece of driftwood, the kind that looks like the bottom of a tree with a few roots coming off it. And then I would like a plant system that grows in a tub on the top of the tank and dangles down into the water, with a nice beach color type sand. Id like it to look like a rain forrest. I would stock it with 1 strain of Discus, the Red Eagle type, my dream fish. Also a large school of KerrI Tetras and a large school of Bronze Corydoras. I wish this was reality lol :)

jinjerJOSH22

1000 Gallon Giant GouramI tank, In my short time in this hobby I've learnt that I adore GouramI so I think I should aI'm for the biggest right?

Frisbee

A 55 gallon saltwater with a pair of mocha clown fish and an anemone. Also would love a 300 gallon with a long horned cow fish, those things are so dang cute!

CMB

jinjerJOSH22 said:
1000 Gallon Giant GouramI tank, In my short time in this hobby I've learnt that I adore GouramI so I think I should aI'm for the biggest right?
That's how I feel about my tank too! I adore Cichlids and Loaches, so I want to get the biggest ones possible.

FinalFins

Hey I should clear out the shed in my backyard and turn it into le fishroom.

Frisbee

Ummm... I’m pretty sure this is not how percentages work?

FinalFins

that's how it works in the math world!

jk

Mike

That's because I goofed when creating the poll allowing multiple selections and I can't change it. Gonna create a new poll soon.

RyanC14

A giant tank with a single betta ;)

...Or a large amazon biotope with community fish (tetras, cories, bn pleco, otos, ram cichlids, etc)

Frisbee

LittleBlueGuppy said:
Ummm... I’m pretty sure this is not how percentages work?
70.2% + 36.2% = 106.4%? Yes?

Also, did you notice how 33+17= 50, yet it says, total voters: 47

Canacullus

My dream would be a million gallon SA blackwater biotope. Schools consisting of thousands of tetras, hundreds of corys, a giant group of angelfish and discus, a community of GBRs, HUGE 6 foot tall amazon swords, giant amazon frogbits, maybe even some barbless stingrays. And then a massive school of hatchet fish. A few caimans. I would have huge semi-aquatic trees with sloths and monkeys and parrots. A few capybaras roaming the fishroom. Maybe a few tapirs too.

Frisbee

I forgot to mention a couple hundred gallons with discus, neons, black neons, red skirts, black skirts, Julie and panda Cory’s, honey gouramis, a highfin common pleco (I don’t know if those exist but I sure hope they do), Val’s (background), baby tears (carpet) and elodea, chain swords, crypts, repens, anubias, and pearlweed as mid ground, a huge chunk of driftwood in the middle covered in pennywort and java ferns. Sweet potatoes, pathos and swamp plants would be grown above with roots in the water, there would be creeping Jenny’s and hornwort in there too.

gandalf1420

What’s the fish/fishes/tank setup/whatever that you want most? This has probably been done but I’m curious. For me it’s hands down an arowana, don’t care the kind, they are AWESOME and I really really want one but I don’t want to spend a million dollars heating an outdoor pond in Massachusetts winter. Also I would love a tank that’s just angels, I have a 75 with 5 and a few other fish but I’m talking like a 300 with like thirty angels.
What’s your dream fish?

AJE

A 1000 gallon mbu puffer-community tank

FinalFins

For the moment I would like a 30 breeder w/ 10 female bettas, 4-5 SAE and a BN pleco.

Many other tanks I want and many more fish. Heres a quote from another thread on the fish I want.
FinalFins said:
yoyo loach, panda loach, zebra plecos, mega clown plecos, L471, Orange Laser cories, adofoI cories, GBRs, Apisto mcmasteri, apisto panduro, Apisto regani,apisto gibbiceps, apisto borelli, Betta falx, betta macromasta, Discus, LepoldI angelfish, Hilltream loaches, Panda Garra, WCMM, glowlight danios, axeloderI rasboras, All of the fish in boraras genus, a colony of Parotocinclus jumbo, shellies, JardinI arowana, pea puffers, Amazon puffer, hairy puffer, barred pencilfish, golden pencilfish, gardinerI killifish, clown killis, golden wonder killies, pearl killies, celebes rainbowfish, praecox rainbowfish, threadfin rainbowfish, other small rainbowfish, high fin variatus platies, wrestling halfbeak, dwarf pike cichlid and many MANY other fish.

Look how this list has no tetras. Tetras suck.
This is a general list of the fish I want. Trust me there are many more species I want.

CaptainAquatics

gandalf1420 said:
What’s the fish/fishes/tank setup/whatever that you want most? This has probably been done but I’m curious. For me it’s hands down an arowana, don’t care the kind, they are AWESOME and I really really want one but I don’t want to spend a million dollars heating an outdoor pond in Massachusetts winter. Also I would love a tank that’s just angels, I have a 75 with 5 and a few other fish but I’m talking like a 300 with like thirty angels.
What’s your dream fish?

Canaculus, Coradee, bizaliz3, CrazedHoosier, kallililly1973. Tagging you guys to get this started.
Fully agree! I would love to have an arowana. They are awesome fish. If you want something similar get a golden killifish. They kinda look like arowana and that hit the water hard. They only get like 4-5” though.

gandalf1420

AJE said:
A 1000 gallon mbu puffer-community tank
Mbu puffers are awesome. I would love to have one...maybe when I finally get an arowana, put the mbu with him.
FinalFins said:
For the moment I would like a 30 breeder w/ 10 female bettas, 4-5 SAE and a BN pleco.

Many other tanks I want and many more fish. Heres a quote from another thread on the fish I want.

This is a general list of the fish I want. Trust me there are many more species I want.
That is a VERY VERY VERY long list lol! Betta sororities are really cool. I tried it but I had to separate them because I didn’t get enough...sigh.

gandalf1420

CaptainAquatics said:
Fully agree! I would love to have an arowana. They are awesome fish. If you want something similar get a golden killifish. They kinda look like arowana and that hit the water hard. They only get like 4-5” though.
They do look like tiny arowana! That’s really cool! I’ll have to look into those.
A201
Asomeone
86 ssinit

bizaliz3

A giant tank full of Altum angels would be my dream!!

Cheesecake

gandalf1420 said:
What’s your dream fish?

Canaculus, Coradee, bizaliz3, CrazedHoosier, kallililly1973. Tagging you guys to get this started.
My dream tank? A 50,000 gallon with a coelecanth in it ;).
But we're talking about tanks that are actually conceivable. I would love to have an eel of some kind. Maybe a moray.
My other ultimate dream tanks would be a 200-300 gallon planted tank. I would stock it with cories, catfish, plecos, oto's, srimp, and crayfish, plus whatever else I could think of.
Another tank I would love would be a crustacean tank. A 500 gallon with lobsters, fiddler crabs, blue crabs, rock crabs, and shrimp.
Those are my dreams :D.

max h

The tank I really wanted when I got my 150 gallon off a guy I knew in town. He had a 265 gallon tank with everything stand , canopy, lighting, FX6's for filtration(2 or3) plus a few other goodies for $1000. I just had no room for an 84x24x30" in my house. He was getting ready to deploy and was getting out of his side business of selling fish and supplies. He was willing to cut a fellow vet a great deal.

gandalf1420

max h said:
The tank I really wanted when I got my 150 gallon off a guy I knew in town. He had a 265 gallon tank with everything stand , canopy, lighting, FX6's for filtration(2 or3) plus a few other goodies for $1000. I just had no room for an 84x24x30" in my house. He was getting ready to deploy and was getting out of his side business of selling fish and supplies. He was willing to cut a fellow vet a great deal.
That’s my parents, they claI'm we have no more space!
Canaculus said:
My dream tank? A 50,000 gallon with a coelecanth in it ;).
But we're talking about tanks that are actually conceivable. I would love to have an eel of some kind. Maybe a moray.
My other ultimate dream tanks would be a 200-300 gallon planted tank. I would stock it with cories, catfish, plecos, oto's, srimp, and crayfish, plus whatever else I could think of.
Another tank I would love would be a crustacean tank. A 500 gallon with lobsters, fiddler crabs, blue crabs, rock crabs, and shrimp.
Those are my dreams :D.
I’ve been trying to put inverts in my tanks for a while but the main options seem to be CPOs which are stupid expensive or crays which I don’t want to risk eating stuff. The coelacanth made me laugh.

Salem

I'd love to have a big indoor pond- maybe 3-500 gallons- and stock it with rescued goldfish. Those really huge ramshorns and apple snails would also ideally be there but they're technically illegal to have where I am.

I also would very much like to have some sort of setup that would allow me to rescue and rehome bettas.

Leilio

two 200 gallon lowboys connected by a water bridge with one galaxy koI male betta one side and female betta (dumbo ear) Casper on the other side. Each with its own aquascapes and a little tannin in water. Wanna stock it with cardinal tetras, and nerite snails and some green jade shrimps.

Top Bottom