Question Is whiteish yellow poop bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am treating my tank for Ich right now, the infected fish in question seems to be doing alot better then yesterday. She is swimming around and trying to eat, although she doesn't like the taste of the food soaked w/ garlic so she spits out quite a bit.

I've noticed she has this strand of off-white poop coming out of her, it actually dropped off so its not attached to her. I don't know if that is normal, I have never heard of fish having that color poop.

Is this something I should be worried about?
Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions, I just want her to be okay!:'(

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would keep a eye on it as it could be internal parasites, but it just may be the food she is eating. what kind of fish is it? have you tryed feeding a pea to try to flush her out?

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
She is a calico platy, it doesn't look like a parasite at all, its the same size and shape as a normal poop except its whiteish-yellow-green. It almost looks exactly like a plant root, actually.
I watched and it came out as normal and dropped as normal, its definitely not moving.... (lol I feel so weird watching her poop)

I have no idea what she has been eating, what is available in the tank is: Algae wafer, 2 live plants, brine shrimp soaked w/ garlic, bloodworm soaked w/ garlic, lettuce, flake food, peas.
Of corse that isn't all at once, but I usually keep some sort of vegetable (peas or lettuce) in there and then give them some sort of protein once a day. Usually I alternate with the brine shrimp and bloodworms because my ADF needs to eat.

Is she maybe eating too much veggies or something?? Because really it looks like she pooped out a plant root.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I feed my Goldfish peas on occasion and it changes their stools to almost white with a green tint. If the fish isn't loosing weight I wouldn't worry too much at this point but keep your eye on it for a while as mentioned above. Since the fish is having a bowl movement I think we can rule out constipation.

Ken

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
She is pooping normally now, I think you might be right about the pea thing. As soon as she got some bloodworms into her her poop turned back to a normal color.

So far so good, she looks like she may recover!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom