Is This Velvet? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Ladyserpentine, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Ladyserpentine

LadyserpentineNew MemberMember

I can't tell if my betta Tritan has velvet or not. I have just purchased him a new tank and we are waiting for it to cycle. In the mean time, he is without most of his decor and his heater (but it is so hot here, his water is still plenty warm).
    This morning, I noticed him looking a little more gold than usual. Other than that, his behavior has been normal: no lethargy, no rubbing, plenty of appetite. He also tends to vary his colors from gold/green/blue/purple, so it's hard to tell if this is just a normal color change.
    I am worried that he could be kind of stressed and vulnerable during this tank change. Here are some pics, any help is appreciated:

Attached Files:

2. FishFor2018

FishFor2018Well Known MemberMember

i don't think its velvet because he doesn't have any "gold dust" on his body just on his fins. He's a very handsome boy though!

3. OP
    OP
    Ladyserpentine

LadyserpentineNew MemberMember

Thank you! Glad to hear it doesn't look like velvet. I'll keep an eye on him too make sure there aren't any other symptoms. Yes, he is definitely a looker!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice