Is This Velvet On My Betta

Irbes

Reaction score
83BCBE66-75A1-4281-8683-8AD6C05F17D3.jpeg
Hey guys to keep this short my fish lives in perfect conditions in a 5 gallon tank.
I know my type of betta colour is tough to see if it has velvet as it naturally has a bit of gold speckles I believe. I have never had a fish with Velvet so I was hoping some can let me know if he does. He is active and is acting some what normal.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
No, it appears not. Velvet sort of looks like gold ich. If you are worried though, use aquarium salt as a precaution. Do not make the tank very salty though.

Briggs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Irbes said:
83BCBE66-75A1-4281-8683-8AD6C05F17D3.jpeg
Hey guys to keep this short my fish lives in perfect conditions in a 5 gallon tank.
I know my type of betta colour is tough to see if it has velvet as it naturally has a bit of gold speckles I believe. I have never had a fish with Velvet so I was hoping some can let me know if he does. He is active and is acting some what normal.
Lovely boy! He looks like he just has a lot of gold iridescence in his colors to me, which is pretty normal for betta fish. If he's not clamping his fins or rubbing and flashing against things like he itches the odds are good that he's perfectly fine.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads