Is this true??

fraserm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I just read somewhere that endlers DO NOT eat their fry is this true? If it is I am so happy I hate breeding nets.

Jake the Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sorry, but Endlers do eat their new born fry.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
From a quick google search for "do endlers eat their fry" it seems that they are less likely to than guppies, but it is not un heard of for them to eat them either.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Without links or sources those quotes don't really mean a whole lot to me.
I have never had endlers, so i really don't know, i was just going off what i saw. Some people said they didn't, others claimed to have seen theirs eat their fry, so i figured they are probably unlikely to eat their fry, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. They may never eat their fry though, like i said, i really don't know.

Edited. Ken

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They do...

but it depends on the tank size, if it is overstocked, they will.

Fish seem to know how to stock a tank better than we do

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have heard that they will eat them, but that the fry are fast and can hide from them. It's kind of an in between?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Fraserm,

In post #4, if these words are not your own, please give credit where credit is due. Please give your sources for the information you've posted. This will prevent plagiarism.

Thanks!

Ken

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have had Endlers off and on for many years. Sometimes they will eat the fry and sometimes they don't The tank that was most successful was heavily planted and they fry were everywhere. But my 55 gallon has lots of rocks not many plants and they didn't eat their fry. My theory is that it's just too much work to hunt them when they are being fed 2x a day without any effort
So in summary if the parents are being fed well they may not eat their fry as easily.
carol

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I am currently breeding endlers and my adults did not eat the fry, well sorry they ate 1 and the 1 they did was err deformed it's insides were on the outside!

Currently I only have 2 adult males and 2 adult females left out of well over 20 due to some form of poisoning prior to me getting them, but I must have over 50 babies all doing really really well

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads