75 Gallon Tank Is this too much filtration?

GusMcGrath202020

Hi everybody! I have a 75 gallon that is blacked out on all sides except for the front. There is no decor or subsrate and the only thing in the tank is a heater. I plan on puting one oscar in the tank with one fx4 filter. Is this to much filtration? Thank you!

marmaaa

GusMcGrath202020 said:
Hi everybody! I have a 75 gallon that is blacked out on all sides except for the front. There is no decor or subsrate and the only thing in the tank is a heater. I plan on puting one oscar in the tank with one fx4 filter. Is this to much filtration? Thank you!
I doubt thats a lot of filtration. Its probably a good amount of filtration.

Batmantheanglefish

I personally think it’s fine. Oscars can be messy fish!

Toby The Puffer

GusMcGrath202020 said:
Imo there's no such thing as too much filtration. The only problem that may happen is that the flow will be too strong. FX4s push out a lot of water, I'd recommend a spray bar.

jtjgg

FX4 is fine, there are different output you can use to change the flow. There are videos of diy spray bars, you can drill more and/or bigger holes to slow down the flow.

GusMcGrath202020

Thanks for your feed back everyone

Latest threads

Top Bottom