Is this strong enough to support my tank?

SuriahAnderson

I was curious if the shelf I've been using to house my tank is strong enough. Every once in a while, I get an unease that it might give way, but I first set it up back in September and there have been no problems since. So in order to put my fears to rest, I thought I'd come on here and get all of your opinions. Any help you can offer is appreciated, I'll attach a picture of the shelf and tank for visual reference.

20220522_015500.jpg

The tank is a ten by the way.

bcfishtanks

10gs only weigh about 100-150 lbs. So... would you feel safe sitting on that stand for extended periods of time? If no, then I'd look for a new stand. If yes, then it's probably fine.

ProudPapa

From what I can tell from the picture it should be okay.

ForceTen

I believe firmly in buying a stand thats designed for the particular tank. Of course some stands may not be better than what you can provide. But generally its the very best way to go. Tanks and fish are an investment. Protecting your investment and the surrounding floor and what may lie beneath the floor should be a priority. Your fish as well. Do you have an emergency plan in case. Where would you relocate your stock? Are you prepared to quickly move your fish? I would never take a chance. Stands are inexpensive and well worth the money.
Personally I like the Imagitarium Brooklyn series. Looks good and is very strong.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ryanr
Replies
Views
LisaAnne
Replies
Views
aussieJJDude
Replies
Views