Is this stocking good?

megnbug

i have a heated and filtered empty 20 gallon tank. there are two small hides and some driftwood that i gathered myself. substrate is sand. water is also fairly hard. currently no live or fake plants but im planning on getting a few fake ones

6 or 7 female guppies
6 neon tetras
2 nerite snails

is this good? overstocked? understocked? any ideas of what i could do better? im getting my fish on sunday

georgelee1000

Looks pretty good. The only thing is the bottom is kinda empty. But it should work out ok.

ProudPapa

Hello,

There's nothing wrong with it, but if it was mine I'd probably do it a little different. I'd pertinent go with neons or guppies, but not both, and add a school of one of the smaller Corydoras species.

Also, do you mind if I ask why female guppies? The males are usually much more colorful, and with males of course you don't have to worry about getting overrun with fry.

Tigerburp

i have a heated and filtered empty 20 gallon tank. there are two small hides and some driftwood that i gathered myself. substrate is sand. water is also fairly hard. currently no live or fake plants but im planning on getting a few fake ones

6 or 7 female guppies
6 neon tetras
2 nerite snails

is this good? overstocked? understocked? any ideas of what i could do better? im getting my fish on sunday
Why use fake plants , real ones are always better

megnbug

Why use fake plants , real ones are always better
cant afford better lighting to grow plants, good substrate to grow plants, or ferts to grow them
Hello,

There's nothing wrong with it, but if it was mine I'd probably do it a little different. I'd pertinent go with neons or guppies, but not both, and add a school of one of the smaller Corydoras species.

Also, do you mind if I ask why female guppies? The males are usually much more colorful, and with males of course you don't have to worry about getting overrun with fry.
noted!! the reason i want to go with females is because i just like them haha- and ive read about all male tanks having aggression/bullying issues and i rly dont want to take that risk :) and ill prob cut the neons bc i hear that they dont do super well in hard water btw

Tigerburp

cant afford better lighting to grow plants, good substrate to grow plants, or ferts to grow them

noted!! the reason i want to go with females is because i just like them haha- and ive read about all male tanks having aggression/bullying issues and i rly dont want to take that risk :) and ill prob cut the neons bc i hear that they dont do super well in hard water btw
Anubias is a good plant for you, it’s Low light can do without ferts and doesn’t even touch the substrate

Attachments

• 131A470E-28DF-4C19-9B69-47B15580676F.jpeg
    131A470E-28DF-4C19-9B69-47B15580676F.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 8

megnbug

Anubias is a good plant for you, it’s Low light can do without ferts and doesn’t even touch the substrate
omg ill look into it!! it looks perfect for my tank ty :) ill see if my lfs stock it

Tigerburp

omg ill look into it!! it looks perfect for my tank ty :) ill see if my lfs stock it
No problem, it super common most fish shops should stock some type of it

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
megnbug
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe