55 Gallon Tank Is This Stock Ok

nikm128

55 gallon tank
1 snowflake or chain link eel
1 dwarf lionfish (fuzzy)
2 clownfish
Pretty sure I know all the answers that I'll get, the eels are too big, wouldn't do the lionfish, the clowns will become snacks etc... But I'm asking for someone else so just don't shoot me with your replies as I already know this is a bad stock. (That means I'm just getting people to back me up lol)

AquaticJ

If you add the Clowns before the Lionfish you should be okay there. The Eel would probably be hit or miss.

nikm128

Really? I though both of those eels got 2 feet or longer, that would make them almost twice as long as the tank is wide and tall. I'm certainly still learning, but it doesn't make much sense to me that you wouldn't have a 2' common pleco in a 18" wide 75g, while a 2'+ eel in a 12.75" wide 55g.

Jesterrace

You might be the rare case for the more aggressive clownfish (ie Clarki, Maroon, Tomato) as they get bigger and can definitely hold their own. I don't think they would get eaten by the eel but they might get stung by the Lionfish if they get too aggressive. Personally though I wouldn't do it and would just remove the clowns and call it a predator tank.

AquaticJ

Really? I though both of those eels got 2 feet or longer, that would make them almost twice as long as the tank is wide and tall. I'm certainly still learning, but it doesn't make much sense to me that you wouldn't have a 2' common pleco in a 18" wide 75g, while a 2'+ eel in a 12.75" wide 55g.
Eels are never fully elongated, they’re always curled up so it’s not quite the same

nikm128

Ok then, I guess it's not as bad as I thought, glad I said I'm still learning lol. I guess I'll go ahead and tell them it's fine without the clowns, but there is one thing that confuses me about the eels:
LiveAquaria says that the chain link eel can get 2'4" and should have a 125g minimum, but it says that the snowflake eel can get 2' and only needs a 50 gallon min. Is the chain link just way more active than a snowflake or something? I wouldn't believe it if they said the extra 4" requires another 75 gallons

AquaticJ

Ok then, I guess it's not as bad as I thought, glad I said I'm still learning lol. I guess I'll go ahead and tell them it's fine without the clowns, but there is one thing that confuses me about the eels:
LiveAquaria says that the chain link eel can get 2'4" and should have a 125g minimum, but it says that the snowflake eel can get 2' and only needs a 50 gallon min. Is the chain link just way more active than a snowflake or something? I wouldn't believe it if they said the extra 4" requires another 75 gallons
liveaquaria also says a 2 inch Rams needs a 30 gallon minimum but a 12 inch Texas Cichlid only needs 50 gallons.

nikm128

Fair enough lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views
SecretiveFish
Replies
Views
Jesterrace