Is This Stock Good? 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by PufferfishPizza, Jan 16, 2019.

1. PufferfishPizzaValued MemberMember

Hello people

I am currently cycling a 10 gallon tank (should be done in a couple days or 2 weeks, maybe more) and I have an idea for stocking.

The stock is going to be: 1 Female Elephant Ear Betta, 4 Panda Corydoras, and 1 Otocinclus Catfish.

I have a TopFin 10 power filter on it with some live plants (1 Windelov Java Fern, 1 Anubias Nana, 4 Water Wisteria, Wisteria will probably be replaced some time by Amazon Frogbit, and more to come).

I just need to know if this is overstocked. If it is, I'll have to do something besides upgrade to a better filter. Current filter has a second piece of sponge in the back, and I may get a sponge on the intake.

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying
    -DisIsAbyss

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

otocinclus like to be in schools and corydoras really should be in schools of at least six. look into replacing those with pygmy or dwarf corydoras and uping the school count.

3. edsreeftankNew MemberMember

Sounds good to me

4. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Agreed. If it was me personally, I would have the betta with a school of 6 or so pymgy cories and call it a day. I tend to think that pandas get a little too big for a 10g, and deserve longer aquariums for room....

5. PufferfishPizzaValued MemberMember

I didn't know that Otos needed schools... I'll look into the Pygmy Corys... My local pet stores don' have them so where can I order them? I heard AquaticArts is a good site.

6. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

i always recomend aquabid. it isn't a store, but is still great.

7. NiHaValued MemberMember

Nice start

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice