Is this something to worry about..??? Question 

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just got two guppies and they are both still in their "baby" phase and not really full grown yet, and the male is sorta just hanging out at the top and hes not breathing hard, and he is eating well. I went and posted on the guppy section about it and I went to go take a look at him to see how he was and he has this dark spot on him on either side now! This literally developed in less then an hours time from 8:00 am to 9:00 am.

I couldn't find anything in the freshwater fish disease section that described this.
Is it something to worry about? Is it patterning developing? I haven't really seen any guppies with just a big ol spot on either side.

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Also, over the past hour, I have noticed that it actually disappears! Right now he has no spot(s)...... I hope this is a patterning sort of thing :s

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If it's not raised, like an ulcer or something, it might just be his colouring .
Mines are still in the "I'm staying beige" period before the colours come, but my male is getting a blue sheen over his body, and some of my females are getting black bits on their tail bases.

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
No its not raised, its smooth... its just sort of shocking, I mean he is such a light periwinkle right now, not a spot on him, and then a 1/2 hour later hes got a dark spot on each side! Does patterning develop and then disappear?

tatty_kassy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You know what....nevermind...I think I figured it out, after watching for a good half hour, it seems as though he only gets those spots when the little female guppy is around. I guess those spots are his way of saying hes interested in spending some time with her?? lol

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads