Is this safe?

Tristen

I wanted to put something covering my filters intake so I got some of those free socks they give at shoe stores for people that don’t bring socks. Are these ok to put in a tank?image.jpg

Betta'sAnonymous

They usually seem a lot like pantyhose and i have never had a problem when i have used pantyhose in my aquatiums. Rinse real good though.

AngelfishDude722

Look up what they have in them. but I would say use some black foam that works good IMO.

Tristen

Betta'sAnonymous said:
They usually seem a lot like pantyhose and i have never had a problem when i have used pantyhose in my aquatiums. Rinse real good though.
Can you send me a link to the pantyhose you got? I’d rather just buy something that’s proven safe

mimo91088

I use these to cover my python when I do water changes in tanks with fry. But I've never left them underwater for a long time.

Betta'sAnonymous

Tristen said:
Can you send me a link to the pantyhose you got? I’d rather just buy something that’s proven safe
Probably whatever pantyhose my wife had in the house that hadn't been used yet. Probably be better off going to Petco or something, they usually have some sponges for filter i takes. Think they were under $5.

AngelfishDude722

Yes pantyhose are good.

Skrabbitskrabbit

Never used pantyhose but those are the same material as pantyhose (nylon)

Top Bottom