Is this Rotala Colorata?

Katie993

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I bought a mixed pack of trimmings a long time ago and I've decided to root and sell off some of my extras. There were three different types of rotala in the pack and I'm having a hard time deciding what's what. It could be either Rotala H'Ra, Rotala colorata, or rotala rotundifolia.

Attachments

AquEric

Reaction score
Looks like totals rotundifolia here's some of mine it's under my prefilter sponge
15968988247404753211848245917270.jpg

OP
Katie993

Katie993

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I thought rotala rotundifolia had smaller leaves? I could be wrong though.

OP
Katie993

Katie993

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Actually I just searched it a different way and it says that colorata grows straight up and doesn't branch off very much. rotundifolia is a little more prone to branching and h'ra is really prone to branching off and creeping across the substrate. It may be h'ra. I have to keep it trimmed to keep it off the substrate. It really wants to creep.

AquEric

Reaction score
Katie993 said:
Actually I just searched it a different way and it says that colorata grows straight up and doesn't branch off very much. rotundifolia is a little more prone to branching and h'ra is really prone to branching off and creeping across the substrate. It may be h'ra. I have to keep it trimmed to keep it off the substrate. It really wants to creep.
Yes I would think rotundifolia

New Threads