Is This Pool Filter Sand Ok?

dcocinci

Fairmount Santrol Aquaquartz. I found it at a local pool store for $9.99/50lb bag . It does not say anything on it about being chemically treated. Attached pics of front and back of bags

Fanatic

I do not see why not, go for it

dcocinci

I found a similar bag on Amazon, except that it says "Standard #20 Grade" and is 4x the price at $39.99/50lb bag. Multiple people on the reviews state that they use it in fish tanks, but not sure if this is the same product or not.

Fashooga

$40 is expensive for PFS in my opinion. I would go to a place that sells Spa equipment and ask to buy 50 lbs from them for like less than $10.00. I think I paid like $8.00.

dcocinci

Fashooga said:
$40 is expensive for PFS in my opinion. I would go to a place that sells Spa equipment and ask to buy 50 lbs from them for like less than $10.00. I think I paid like $8.00.
Right.. I bought the sand in the pictures from my original post for $9.99 for a 50lb bag. I was just googling the brand to see if anyone else had tried it to make sure it was safe when I came across that link on Amazon. The one on Amazon looks very similar, but is selling for $39.99 for a 50lb bag.

DoubleDutch

Perfect !!!!

dwarfpufferlover

I use this brand in all my tanks

dcocinci

dwarfpufferlover said:
I use this brand in all my tanks
Thanks from another "Somewhere in Ohio"

Bet you can't guess where

RedLoredAmazon

dcocinci said:
Fairmount Santrol Aquaquartz. I found it at a local pool store for $9.99/50lb bag . It does not say anything on it about being chemically treated. Attached pics of front and back of bags
That's the same sand I use in my tank! Make sure you just wash it a bunch before using it in your tank!

_IceFyre_

I use it as well! Nice colour, and not too dusty, but you'll want to wash it.

JoeCamaro

I got 50 lbs on Quickrete Pool Filter samd for $5.99 at The Home Depot.

JoKeStA

Meijers pool section has pool filter sand HTH brand I think the name was I used this in a old freshwater tank for a sand filter I made

dwarfpufferlover

dcocinci said:
Thanks from another "Somewhere in Ohio"

Bet you can't guess where

Unless In a corn field or you go to school it’s dayton lol

JoKeStA

Just got home figure I would upload a picture of the stuff I used that I got from Meijer

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom