Is This Pool Filter Sand Ok?

dcocinci

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fairmount Santrol Aquaquartz. I found it at a local pool store for $9.99/50lb bag . It does not say anything on it about being chemically treated. Attached pics of front and back of bags

Attachments

dcocinci

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found a similar bag on Amazon, except that it says "Standard #20 Grade" and is 4x the price at $39.99/50lb bag. Multiple people on the reviews state that they use it in fish tanks, but not sure if this is the same product or not.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
$40 is expensive for PFS in my opinion. I would go to a place that sells Spa equipment and ask to buy 50 lbs from them for like less than $10.00. I think I paid like $8.00.

dcocinci

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
$40 is expensive for PFS in my opinion. I would go to a place that sells Spa equipment and ask to buy 50 lbs from them for like less than $10.00. I think I paid like $8.00.
Right.. I bought the sand in the pictures from my original post for $9.99 for a 50lb bag. I was just googling the brand to see if anyone else had tried it to make sure it was safe when I came across that link on Amazon. The one on Amazon looks very similar, but is selling for $39.99 for a 50lb bag.

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Fairmount Santrol Aquaquartz. I found it at a local pool store for $9.99/50lb bag . It does not say anything on it about being chemically treated. Attached pics of front and back of bags
That's the same sand I use in my tank! Make sure you just wash it a bunch before using it in your tank!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom