Is This Overstocking For My 20 Gal?

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If both of the gouramis are male, you need to sell one.

When one is gone, you'll need to get 2 more cories so they can school. Then you're good.

EDIT: Since it is a 20 gallon high you cant keep bottom feeders like corydoras so I would recommend replacing them with Cardinal Tetras.

Allan Mach

Reaction score
Allan Mach said:
I have a 20 gal high and I have:
2 gold panda mollies
2 neon blue gourami
and 4 emerald green corys
and I do 35% water changes weekly
and use aqua clear filter rated for the 70 gallons, a bit overkill but why not

Discus-Tang said:
If both of the gouramis are male, you need to sell one.

When one is gone, you'll need to get 2 more cories so they can school. Then you're good.

EDIT: Since it is a 20 gallon high you cant keep bottom feeders like corydoras so I would recommend replacing them with Cardinal Tetras.
I haven't sexed them yet, but they are both completely docile, if anything, they used to get bullied by one of my mollies

and I should maybe get another panda Molly because one of them still bullies the gouramis

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Allan Mach said:
I haven't sexed them yet, but they are both completely docile, if anything, they used to get bullied by one of my mollies
If you send a picture I might be able to tell, depending on age.

The gourami in my profile picture is what a male looks like, much more colourful and stripy.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay then. You should give one back to the store because they will get super territorial. I made this mistake once. I ended up selling both because they were aggresive pests.

Allan Mach

Reaction score
Discus-Tang said:
Okay then. You should give one back to the store because they will get super territorial. I made this mistake once. I ended up selling both because they were aggresive pests.
so as they start growing towards adulthood they'll start to get more aggressive?

ParrotCichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not overstocked at all.

You do potentially have compatibility issues with the gouramis as already mentioned. You also need more corys but not overstocked.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom