Is this overstocked?

Idkitsathrowaway

I'm relatively new to the hobby. I say this meaning that i've been relatively obsessed with the research and planing side of things, i've had fish periodically throughout my whole life but i've really made a deep dive in this last year. I'm about too upgrade to a 29 gallon. I have a 10g right now with like 3 adult guppies and 9 guppy fry i managed to catch, ( I don't plan on keeping them, and i have a friend who wants the babies but doesn't have the resources to raise them herself) I have 3 kuhli loaches a mystery snail and 2 pest snails that hitched a ride on my plants, i like them I know there pest but they are cute and both male. I have 2 questions. 1 can you keep 3 bolivian rams together or will they bully the third one to death? 2 I am planning on 2 angels, 3 bolivian rams, 6-7 rummy nose tetras, and a bristlenose pleco, is this overstoked? If it is important i plan for it to be moderate to heavy in plants. I may be keeping the 3 adult guppies and raising my angels with them so they don't think of them as food.(Named one Forest Gup)
Edit: Spelling

BigManAquatics

Defintely would not do 2 angels in a 29. And yeah, if there is a 3rd ram, it could definitely be bullied if the other 2 become a pair. Or if all males then aggression issues. Same with the angels. You may be able to do ok with 1 of each. Though myself, i would have 1 or the other. The rest should be OK.

Upvote 0

fallfever

Welcome to fishlore! And one angel. They are huge and some might argue it's a tight fit with just one, but it's possible. Don't forget, once you add plants you no longer have 29 gallons. In that tight space, I'm not sure sure I'd name my guppies. Might work, might not regardless of when they are placed in the tank. Smaller tanks do not make for happy angels with they feel stressed (mine are in a 65, for comparison). Kuhlis are fine but you'll likely never see them with just three. On another note, I love rummies and they make a nice contrast with an angel. And BN's are poop machines :) Consider overfiltering, which really isn't possible when you think about it.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

Thankyou, i was worried i was doing too much. I do have my heart set on 2 angels so I may go up to a 40 or a 36 idk (what would you recommend for 2 angels) i was wanting to do a koi and a blue angel, the rams was not set in stone so im proboly not gonna do them but i do want there to be alot of color and abought over filtering im gonna use a tidial 55 i also plan on doing frequent water changes at large percentages Im still a little abought the 29 because i plan to be diligent abought water changes and my buget I herd of others puting angels in 1 per 10g so i tought it was okay, aperentaly not

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Thankyou, i was worried i was doing too much. I do have my heart set on 2 angels so I may go up to a 40 or a 36 idk (what would you recommend for 2 angels) i was wanting to do a koi and a blue angel, the rams was not set in stone so im proboly not gonna do them but i do want there to be alot of color and abought over filtering im gonna use a tidial 55 i also plan on doing frequent water changes at large percentages Im still a little abought the 29 because i plan to be diligent abought water changes and my buget I herd of others puting angels in 1 per 10g so i tought it was okay, aperentaly not
Thing is, angels get tall. Like 10-12" from top to bottom.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

what size tank do you recomend for 2 angels? im a broke highschooler who cant get a job because reasons, i am trying to go big enuff to keep them happy but still with in buget Im going to college in a couple of years so i trying to go small as posibul but still big enuff

Upvote 0

babyfish

what size tank do you recomend for 2 angels? im a broke highschooler who cant get a job because reasons, i am trying to go big enuff to keep them happy but still with in buget
I would say a 55g minimum.

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

so too atempt to get this all together a 29 is too small for 2 angels, rummys are good contrase, and angels get SUPER tall. im not gonna do the rams anymore, im still gonna do the rummies, and a, angel, i cheked with my local breeder (where im geting the angels) he said that the angels hes bred are rather small only geting 5-7 in tall overall. Hes lives only a block away from me so it wasent hard to find him

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Crazyfishperson
Replies
Views
GuppyGal7
  • Question
Replies
Views