is this overcrowded?

1. clownloachy Initiate Member

okay, got a list of fish that might work for my 50 gallon. would this be overcrowded? is everybody compatible? im feeling proud of myself for getting everything together, so i hope it works. here my list:

8 harliquin rasboras
    2 angels
    7 neon tetras
    1 bristlenose pleco
    5 kuhli loaches

Thanks!:;cr

2. erk419 Member Member

Im not very good at giving stocking advice but I would watch the angels with the neons. You may want to get the neons first let them get estabished in the tank then buy the angels and get them while they are small.

3. Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Neon dinner yum yum....lol:)i would really get small angels and large neons JMHO:;dete

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

People have been talking about the neons with angels thing recently on here, me included. I wanted to try that setup. The general consensus was to avoid it. People were saying it worked for the for a while, but when the angels get bigger, the neons start disappearing one by one.

It's been suggested that if you want tetras with the angels, you should try bigger tetras, not neons or cardinals.

5. clownloachy Initiate Member

Thanks, i hadn't thought of that. if i let the neons get to full size and then get very small angels, like you suggested, it will probly be fine.:;thx

6. clownloachy Initiate Member

well, it would probly be safer to get some other colorful tetra. i dont want to waste money on angel snack food. any suggestions for nice angel compatible tetras?

7. Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Bleeding heart tetras might look really nice with angels ........jmho:;dete

8. GMCMaxx Member Member

Wow. I have exactly those fish in my tank (plus a couple others). I've had no compatability issues yet. I made sure I got the Angels last, and they were very small also. All of my fish have been together for about 5-6 months.