Is this okay on day 12

pep372

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
my tank is cloudy a lot of stuff floating around. It looks like cloudy water being shot out the water jets. Is this okay the tank is 12 days old. full of 60lbs of live rock and its a 65 gallon tank with RO water no fish just hitchhikers from live rock.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wouldnt some water changes do it a world of good?????...only my :..but I just cycled a 72 BF with live rock in exactly 3 weeks....my gf did it in 4 weeks.....I let everything alone for the first 4-5 days,did water changes every other day(after that)....and KABOOM!!!!! It was done....water perameters have been perfect(thankk goodness)

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cloudy water with a greenish or greyish tint is perfectly normal at this stage. In fact it is quite good. You can try to do water changes, but keep it to 10% to remove any nitrate buildup. This should probably last around another two weeks or so and you should be cycled. After the water clears start doing tests every day to see where you're at.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I did say it could take up to 3 months What I meant is for reef ready will take that long and sometimes longer all tanks are different and you can sometimes depending on where you got rock from It is best to let Ammonia Then nitrites to go completely thru cycle then when the nitrates start to rise then do water changes at 50 - 75 %this will rid the ammonia and nitrite toxins faster but don't push it it takes a good while for any reef tank to get to a safe level you do it to soon problems acquire so just take your time the reefs that we get or stuff from have been growing for many years take your time at it donn't RUSH!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom