Is this ok?

kinsey12345

Is it okay to use a previous tank as a new quarantine tank? I used this tank about 1-2 years ago for a betta fish before i found out that it’s too small. Now i was wondering if it’s okay to use it as a quarantine tank because it still has some algae stuck to the sides that i don’t think will ever come off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 19

CoryMaster151

Hey there

Should be fine. I would try and clean the tank and get the algae off using a metal scourer. Other than that it should have no problems. Hope this helps

86 ssinit

It could be. How big is it and what will you be qting?

kinsey12345

It could be. How big is it and what will you be qting?
it’s 3.5 gallons and i was going to qt my betta fish that has a fungal infection. i think i’m going to use aquarium salt, but i’m worried if i treat him in his regular tank it will upset the water parameters/and or kill the plants in there. another option is taking the plants out of my current tank and treating him there—- what do you suggest?
Hey there

Should be fine. I would try and clean the tank and get the algae off using a metal scourer. Other than that it should have no problems. Hope this helps
thank you!

mattgirl

It should work fine for this purpose. To clean it what I would do is fill it with warm water and add some vinegar. Let it set for a little while to help soften up the dried on algae. I would then use an expired credit/debit/gift card to scrape it off. I wouldn't use any kind of metal scouring pad. I fear you will scratch the inside pretty badly should you do that.

Once clean just rinse several times to get debris and the vinegar out of there.

StarGirl

Hey there

These small tanks are usually plastic. A metal anything will scratch them pretty bad.

Yep let it soak and use a plastic card the best trick!

kinsey12345

It should work fine for this purpose. To clean it what I would do is fill it with warm water and add some vinegar. Let it set for a little while to help soften up the dried on algae. I would then use an expired credit/debit/gift card to scrape it off. I wouldn't use any kind of metal scouring pad. I fear you will scratch the inside pretty badly should you do that.

Once clean just rinse several times to get debris and the vinegar out of there.
thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jaspersaitta
Replies
Views
Beginneraquarist123
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • julien0101