Is This Ok???

Discussion in 'Advanced Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by aquadude91, Apr 18, 2017.

1. aquadude91

aquadude91 Valued Member Member

Well I have a brown algae problem but upon checking my filter, dang!!! I always swish it in dirty fish water weekly, but what is going on here ? Water flow is fine.. [​IMG]

2. Inno

Inno Valued Member Member

Looks like its doing its job. Lol:)

3. singlecutguitar

singlecutguitar Valued Member Member

Technically algae is great for the aquarium but bad for human's vision.

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

What are we supposed to be looking at? I see nothing unusual.

5. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Looks like the filter catching the garbage that it picks up. Appears to be doing it's job, unless somebody partied too much and mistake your filter as a toilet.

6. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

My filter looks pretty similar. Just rinse it extra good with your next water change. I wouldn't worry too much.

7. Fla442

Fla442 Valued Member Member

You a want a dirty filter but not too dirty water filter. Depending on your bioload so many other factors. No matter what it's going to be dirty. Your filter is the heart of all the water chemistry my eyes. It harvests a lot of good bacteria. If you have an overload of gunk clean it out in your tank water. I found if my filter smells like dirt it's doing its job imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice