Attached Files:

• Is This Ok For Betta
      fg.jpg
      File size:
      298.3 KB
      Views:
  2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

I suggest adding more plants as bettas like to hide in plants. And maybe take that glass vase out, bettas sometimes get stuck in them and freak out because they cant get out. And they need to breath at the surface but they cant because they are stuck and dont see the glass.

3. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

Remove the vase, replace it with sideways terracotta pot hidden with stem plants like rotala or anacharis. Add something like anubias nana or something and add tons of plants. Add some taller spots with either plants or hardscape for them to rest just below the surface.

4. Algonquin

Algonquin Well Known Member Member

A lot of bettas like a "Betta Leaf Hammock" to rest on. It comes with a little suction cup, you stick it to the side of the tank just below the surface. :)

5. 1

123 Valued Member Member

I suggest anubias plant. The ones I bought are quiet tall. This would provide some hiding place and also it has big leafs so the fish can lye and rest on them :) And it is super easy to keep alive ... I literally do nothing to keep it alive :D Maybe just a hint of liquid fertilizer here and there.

6. BobNJerry

BobNJerry Valued Member Member

you need moss balls lol

7. OP
    OP
    D

Daniel Price Valued Member Member

Where do i get the plants?

8. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

That's literally my setup, are you using the tetra filter and the heater too?
    I would add more hiding spots for the betta and get rid of the vase because fish have a hard time finding their way out.

9. OP
    OP
    D

already done
    but i got a very tight budget and still need cash for the betta. I got a fish store that has healthy ones including a white with blue speckles that i want to get. would drift wood be good till i get more plants?

10. FriarThomasIII

Driftwood is fine, especially with plants. They will love them both.

11. OP
    OP
    D

so it will be fine with drift wood for a few weeks?

12. FriarThomasIII

Forever, if you want. Driftwood looks nice and natural and looks great with plants, and you can attach moss and java fern to it too

13. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

14. FriarThomasIII

mainly the spiderwood and the roots, given that there are usually leftover nutrients. THe fungus clears in about 2 weeks.

15. OP
    OP
    D

only drift wood? i Got java moss

i got a snail. would it eat the fungus?

16. Aqua Hands

Aqua Hands Well Known Member Member

BTW, I would spend atleast $12USD+ I went cheap and got an ugly one. worst mistake ever. nearly got out of the hobby. my tank was lame, my fish was lame. the hobby turn lame to me. ITS NOT THOUGH. please don't hurt me lol

17. FriarThomasIII

Snails love the fungus and will devore it with absolute relish.
    Yeah, my 30 when I first got it had decided to go super cheap and get crappy stuff and 2 dollar guppies from petsmart that I didn't like and I was just so sad and disappointed in my tank, but now it's better when I put some thought and got things I actually wanted. :D

18. A. Rozhin

A. Rozhin Valued Member Member

There are no ugly bettas, only unloving keepers.

19. Aqua Hands

Aqua Hands Well Known Member Member

Trust me, this thing was ugly. He had fin rot and dropsy

20. DuaneV

DuaneV Well Known Member Member

Its a good start, but has a ways to go.

Take out the glass vase, there is no need for it. Scoop out the gravel and toss in sand (you dont HAVE to, but I think it looks better and bettas like it more). Get a couple large anubias and drop them in. Once the pothos start shooting out roots and fill in, it will be nicer. Go outside and find some beach and/or oak leaves and drop them in too.