Is this normal?

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I bought some Seachem Flourish the other day from Petsmart. I opened the cap and to my astonishment, the freshness seal was already off, in the cap, and the fert went everywhere. My anger aside, I cleaned up the mess then went back to identify the problem. The bottle had dried liquid around the base of the nossle, the seal had been off for some time.
It smells aweful, and is a nasty brownish color. I dare not put it in my tank.

Is this normal? Is there nothing to worry about?

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The freshness seal should definitely have been on there. I'd take it back to Petsmart and ask for an exchange. As for the horrid smell and nasty brown color, that's normal ;D

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay, I meant to do that, guess I'll have to put a little more effort into driving all the way back out there. Also, upon inspection of the recipt, I discovered that they charged me $5 more than the advartised shelf price. I hate petsmart... Just thought I'd share that.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Petsmart, at least around here, has crazy cheap prices on Flourish stuff.

My Flourish comprehensive doesn't stink at all, it really has no odor. And it's more of a golden yellow, kinda like a beer color and not brown.

-Lisa

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, I had some API Leaf Zone and it was a golden yellow color, like beer. Had a weird smell, but it wasn't like- rotten weird, like this Flourish is.

I don't suspect any kind of sabotage or anything like that. Would this nasty, seal broken Flourish still work, and not hurt the fish? Because I reaaaaaally hate driving all the way out to Petsmart. It's like half an hour away, on the other side of town. And the loss of $4 won't really make me cry myself to sleep.

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Personally, I'd just use it...but that's just me.

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay.

What do you think, Lisa?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads