Is this normal?

b33fsquatch

I know that endler's are supposed to be very active, but I've noticed one of my new endler's glass surfing in a circle on the side of the tank. He does this a lot, over and over and over...

Is this normal or is it a sign of distress?

Ghelfaire

Can he see his reflection?

Betta'sAnonymous

How long have you had him?

b33fsquatch

I've had him for three or four days.

RayClem

Is he rubbing against the glass? Sometimes fish with parasites will rub against the glass in order to scrape the parasites off. If he is just swimming in circles, it might just be a quirk in his personality. Just keep a close eye on him to make sure he does not have any symptoms of internal or external parasites. If you have had him only a short while, this is a likely possibility.

emeraldking

Maybe a short video of how he's moving himself would give a proper view of what's happening.

RayClem

emeraldking said:
Maybe a short video of how he's moving himself would give a proper view of what's happening.
I see some sort of attachment, but it won't open for viewing.

b33fsquatch

The behavior seems to have stopped. Maybe he was just a bit stressed out getting use to new digs. It probably didn't help that I put him in the betta tank earlier to see if they'd get along (they didn't). They weren't harmed, but it I imagine it was stressful for the fish.

Latest threads

Top Bottom