Is this normal?

LG2fishtanks

So my nerite snail fell off a plant into the gravel and it was upside for a few minutes I inspected it and it didn't have any cracks in the shell but it has been over day and it hasn't moved and is like mostly in its shell with only a little bit scrunched up on the outside. So I moved it to the container that I have offhand for if my tank breaks because I didn't want to have my betta messing with it(my betta is cool with snails doesn't normally bother it) but i was worried if it saw it being the way it was it would hurt it. I used part of my tank water and part new water to see if it may help at all. I have had this snail for roughly two months and is a really active snail and there has been only a couple times that I have seen it stop moving for more than 6 hrs so its always on the move exploring. I feed it algae wafers. Is this normal for nerite snail to do this? Normally the snail is on the glass moving about his day.
I only have 1 male betta in the tank and he doesn't care about the snail.

richiep

A fall like happens all the time with snails and even though he was upside down for a while id have thought its shocked him a bit, giv him 24 hrs im sure he'll bounce back.

LG2fishtanks

A fall like happens all the time with snails and even though he was upside down for a while id have thought its shocked him a bit, giv him 24 hrs im sure he'll bounce back.

okay thanks wasn't sure because i'm still kinda new to having a snail

LG2fishtanks

Update on the Snail: He unfortunately has died.

richiep

Sorry to hear that, there's nothing you could have done

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Dunk2
  • Question
  • UnknownUser
  • Snails
Replies
Views