Is This Normal

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I give my cat fresh water every day, but she insists in jumping in the bath tub and drinking the dripping water.Is this normal .

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah pretty much normal, they seem to like running water. Mine insist on drinking from the fish tubs outside which have running water
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL, my cats like to play with tap water running They drink it too

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
CRAZY CATS

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
there is this contraption-- i don't know that name-- but have seen it in petstores-- it keeps the water circulating and pours out a spout-- my friend has a cat that would only drink out of that kitchen sink- - so she got this and now he never jumps up into any sink-- i'd imagine you would have to clean it really well regularly- and there might be some kind of filter for it-- i'll try to get the name-- LILA

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yes - that is perfectly normal - cats do that in the wild too. my cat does that all the time, even though we have fresh water set out. Miley

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 1 that drinks from the dripping faucet and one that likes to lick the water from that back of my leg as soon as I get out of the shower... which BTW really tickles! I figure cats are just nuts!

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
my cat started to jump on window sill, and started to lick moisture of window now.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
One of my cats (and two of my parents' cats) will wait on the bathroom sink patiently until the faucet is turned on. Another one always liked cleaning the last little bit of water from around the bathtub drain, as well as catching the drops from the bathtub faucet.
A kitten born by one of my cats will lick the condensation off of the side of a Taco Bell cup or stick her head into a glass to drink from it rather than her water glass.
No matter how often we try to clean their bowls, condensation or water fresh from the pipes probably tastes fresher than in the bowl. Even one day's worth of mineral buildup probably affects its taste.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom