Is This Normal Neon Tetra Behavior?

Mollyfish

Reaction score
i have 6 neon tetras for now as cycle only just finished.
Googled most things fish lore came up mostly that’s why I’ve registered on here.
What I’d like to know the neons swim around and some percentage of the time chase each which is nice to watch but is it normal they even sleep in different areas of tank. Very rare they school together does it mean they are happy?.
Oh! I have a 60 litre tank so will get some more fish when these settle down and don’t want to stock too quickly.
Have got api test kit and water is fine

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Usually my smaller fish like minnows only school when they are scared or feeding time (Sometimes the guppys school with them, lol they aren't even schooling fish.). I noticed my minnows used to sleep in different spots, but when i added new fish they sleep together. I don't have neons but want them but i think minnows are pretty similar. Every now and then they chase each other because they are males.

Mollyfish

Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
Usually my smaller fish like minnows only school when they are scared or feeding time (Sometimes the guppys school with them, lol they aren't even schooling fish.). I noticed my minnows used to sleep in different spots, but when i added new fish they sleep together. I don't have neons but want them but i think minnows are pretty similar. Every now and then they chase each other because they are males.
Ok thank you as I’m new to fishkeeping just wanted to check
They must be happy then have got one black tetra but shop said he would join in with them but has not but not sure if he on way out as he tends to lie upside down against the glass nose just touching substrate.and not eating or least not seen him eat in about 7 days. Hoping he will pick up

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom