Is this normal for an Oscar?

Julieee

Hello everyone! I got an albino tiger Oscar on March 21st and (s)he has grown very quickly since then. I have him/her in a 40 gallon breeder tank for now as he is only about 2” long. Once he grows larger I will move him to my 125 gallon aquarium. When I first got him, he looked like a standard albino oscar but now he has developed black on the edges of his fins. I will attach pictures to this post to clarify. The black looks like markings rather than a disease but I just wanted to make sure. I’ve never seen an Oscar with these colors, it looks beautiful but I want to make sure there is nothing wrong!
8A2851A5-38DA-41F1-8F79-C44473A5653C.jpeg
1912C0D7-9BEA-4BD9-BBD2-81BF3F209807.jpeg
I appreciate the replies!

david1978

Fins look good to me. I dont see any deterioration.

Julieee

Fins look good to me. I dont see any deterioration.
Okay thank you!!

wd67

Its not a true albino. its a latino, true albinos don't get the black fins and no tail spot. He looks though! Have fun with him.

Oscardelapesca

yep its similar to yellow oscars

The29G

I don’t know anything about oscars but I just wanna say s(he) is beautiful and I’m very jealous. It sounds like a lot of fun to raise a big fish like that.

chromedome52

Its not a true albino. its a latino, true albinos don't get the black fins and no tail spot. He looks though! Have fun with him.
I think you meant lutino, not latino. Of course, all Oscars are Latino because they come from South America!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
Princethepurplebetta
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gh05t
Replies