Is This Normal For A Cory?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by Ioana Dog, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Ioana DogValued MemberMember

I have 2 albino cories in a 45 with 3 adult diamond tetras that is fully cycled and I’m in the process of adding more fish very slowly. One of the cories does what all my other cories do, acts as a clean up crew at the bottom of the tanks. The other albino is swimming with the diamond tetras riding the current and swimming back and forth in the top half of the tank. This started yesterday and the diamond tetras don’t mind. There is no ammonia or nitrites, is something wrong?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Mine do the same thing! Lol Nothing wrong at all.

3. Ioana DogValued MemberMember

Thank you!!! In another tank I have pepper cories and my ember tetras follow them around and now eat food off of the substrate too. They are well fed so I know it’s not because they are starving, they just have an identity crisis.

4. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

They're generally very active anyways. Racing up and down, or side to side, then usually resting on the bottom, then foraging for food--rinse and repeat, is just how they are. If you ever see them NOT doing so in your local store, it's usually because their display tanks are pretty small, and thus, they have much less room to do so.

5. Ioana DogValued MemberMember

Thank you. I have green cories, albino cories, pepper cories and panda cories in different tanks. The panda cories are really small and 4 out of 6 died within a week. The remaining two lay around all day. There is no ammonia or nitrites and there are very low nitrates. I had albino cories in the same tank and they did great so I think I just got them way too young.

6. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Yeah one of my really good lf's just got in some really really tiny baby plecos and Corys; the plecos were only about 2 inches and the Julii Corys were only about one inch!

7. Ioana DogValued MemberMember

My panda cories are barely an inch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice