Is this light enough?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MSayama811, Aug 4, 2015.

1. MSayama811New MemberMember

Hey guys, I just recently got a Philips 9W 6500k LED.
    Specs:
    9W 800 lumens
    53.5cm (21")

I currently have a 24" 18w T8 6500k with around 1,300 lumens. Do you guys think switching to the 9w LED would be better for a low tech tank? With my current light, I'm getting some slight brown algae on my glass which my otos and MTS aren't able to make a dent to it, and some green algae on my lava rocks, not sure what kind though.. One of them has (I think) cladophora.

I currently have:
    1 clump of HC - might change/add hairgrass.
    1 stunted sword (amazon?) but it seems like it is recovering now
    7 stems of anacharis clumped together, currently growing new stems
    some java moss and duckweed currently covering less than 5% of the water surface.

I might add some more plants like java fern and stuff, but I need to get things straight with my light first.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. OP
    OP
    M

MSayama811New MemberMember

Oops, sorry for the double post. I thought my thread didn't post so I posted another one.

Can anyone remove this thread please? Sorry about the double thread post again.

EDIT: Thanks Coradee for deleting the dupe! :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

I've removed your duplicate thread for you, welcome to Fishlore :)

4. OP
    OP
    M

MSayama811New MemberMember

Thanks, Coradee! :)

Anyone got an opinion about this stuff? I have 0 experience with LEDs so I don't really know if this would be better for a low tech tank or something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice