Is This Just A Fat Molly Or Something Else? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by cfcstl, Apr 20, 2018.

1. cfcstlNew MemberMember

I've had this lyretail molly about 3-4 months and just recently he has gotten very fat. He is definately an agressive eater but is this just a fat molly or could it be something else?

Attached Files:

2. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

looks like a ballon molly

3. CloudTheFluffy

CloudTheFluffyValued MemberMember

Maybe try fasting him a day and see if he looks smaller. Could just be stuffed with food or it could be parasites.

4. sfsamm

sfsammWell Known MemberMember

If you have females around they could have recently dropped fry and he could be having his fill on them. I have a betta with platy in my son's tank and I know immediately when we've had shrimplets or fry in the tank as he's a pig and stuffs himself on them then refuses to come to his feeding spot lol and rather keeps hunting with his giant gut looking for more.

5. ILLBETHEJUDGEValued MemberMember

That is a ballon molly. is supposed to be like that. i don't remember if those are called sailfin or lyretail ballon molly.

6. CloudTheFluffy

CloudTheFluffyValued MemberMember

I’m pretty sure ballon molly already look like balloons at the time of purchase and The OP says that this size is abnormal for this fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice