Is this java fern?

Nianichole

Forgive me, but I can't remember what I bought and I'm new to plants and don't trust myself to identify it correctly.

IMG_20210331_134101143.jpg

If it is java fern, I've learned I shouldn't be burying it in the substrate, correct? What is the best way to grow it then? Let it float, put a plant weight on it? Attach it to my mopani somehow?

Side note that it is completely possible I'm getting information mixed up.

MoshJosh

Yes, that is a Java fern, specifically a Wendalov (sorry if I spelled that wrong). And you’re correct, they will grow best attached to wood or rock.

Upvote 0

Nianichole

Yes, that is a Java fern, specifically a Wendalov (sorry if I spelled that wrong). And you’re correct, they will grow best attached to wood or rock.

Thank you! I know some people use gell super glue to attach plants to things. Could I do that with java fern? Or does it work better to tie it?

Upvote 0

VioletKeepsFish

Thank you! I know some people use gell super glue to attach plants to things. Could I do that with java fern? Or does it work better to tie it?
Either would work perfectly fine, just make sure whatever you’re using is safe. I personally have metal plant ties.

Upvote 0

Nianichole

Either would work perfectly fine, just make sure whatever you’re using is safe. I personally have metal plant ties.

Awesome! Thank you so much. Excited that I may possibly not kill this one.

Upvote 0

Catappa

I always use super glue gel to attach plants to wood and rocks. Try to work neatly, as it is white when it dries (but as the plant grows, it will hide that.

Upvote 0

Nianichole

I always use super glue gel to attach plants to wood and rocks. Try to work neatly, as it is white when it dries (but as the plant grows, it will hide that.

I think this is what I'm going to try first. Thanks for your input!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
julien0101
  • Question
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
  • Question
Replies