Is this Ick?

BigB322

Hello,
I can not tell if this is ICK on my glass catfish or if it is something else. To me it doesn't look like ICK to me. I would rather be safe then sorry. Any help is appreciated thank you.
20200809_220221.jpg
20200809_220219.jpg

Flyfisha

Well Known
Can you please try for a better photo? Perhaps a torch or different lighting would give a better picture?

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Flyfisha said:
Can you please try for a better photo? Perhaps a torch or different lighting would give a better picture?
I have been trying all day that was the only time they stayed still and it was at the back of the tank. I will try again tomorrow hopefully they will let me get a picture.

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Flyfisha said:
That is probably the best I will be able to get.
20200811_220843.jpg
20200811_220841.jpg

OP
BigB322

BigB322

DoubleDutch said:
Is it only one spot?
There is a really tiny one close to the top that doesn't show up on camera no matter how zoomed in I get.

Flyfisha

Well Known
I am going to say that after 3 nearly 4 days since you first posted I would expect to see more spots by now?
These parasites only have a life cycle of around 10 days depending on water temperature. Are the fish new?
I have never had a tank big enough for a school of glass cats.

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Flyfisha said:
I am going to say that after 3 nearly 4 days since you first posted I would expect to see more spots by now?
These parasites only have a life cycle of around 10 days depending on water temperature. Are the fish new?
I have never had a tank big enough for a school of glass cats.
About a week old.

Flyfisha

Well Known
Ooh just a week old . You better keep a very close eye on them and the other fish in the tank from now on.
I have seen ich a few times it does look exactly like table salt has been sprinkled on the fish. While many ich are IN the gills that we can’t see a large number are on the fins . I believe?

Over the next few days look closely at all other fish in the tank, at least that is my suggestion.

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Flyfisha said:
Ooh just a week old . You better keep a very close eye on them and the other fish in the tank from now on.
I have seen ich a few times it does look exactly like table salt has been sprinkled on the fish. While many ich are IN the gills that we can’t see a large number are on the fins . I believe?

Over the next few days look closely at all other fish in the tank, at least that is my suggestion.
Will do thank you.

New Threads