Is This Ick?

MoshJosh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Only had one othe fish with ick before and the spots were less obvious and smaller. . . But still worries me. I have one other fish with a similar brute whit spot (only one spot) but couldn’t get a picture.

Attachments

Lucyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Only had one othe fish with ick before and the spots were less obvious and smaller. . . But still worries me. I have one other fish with a similar brute whit spot (only one spot) but couldn’t get a picture.
This is not Ick I can almost guarantee to you. Ick has more fine, white spots like you mentioned, like someone seasoned the fish with loads of salt. This is either some sort of bacterial/fungal patch, or maybe someone was getting a bit nippy and gave him that wound. Watch for it to get better within the next few days, if it does then nothing to worry about, but if it gets worse then I'd say it's definitely a bacterial/fungal disease that should be treated. Does it look to be protruding from the skin at all?

MoshJosh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Now that I look at it, it seems like a slight indentation. . . Makes me think you might be right about the nipping. My guess would be the dwarf gourami? I’ve noticed they like to hog the algae wafers I put in every now and again and I know the Pleco and Cory’s go for them too. . .

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 15 71.4%

Top Bottom